Bill J. Dukes
|Bill J. Dukes|
|Alabama House of Representatives District 8|
| Term in office began|
| Term in office ended|
Dukes previously served as Mayor of Decatur.
Dukes' professional experience includes working as an administrative assistant for the Kentucky Tuberculosis Association, business manager for Northwest Mississippi Junior College and a teacher.
Dukes is a member of the Alabama Congress of Parents and Teachers, American Legion, Decatur Boys Club, Decatur Jaycees, Morgan County Fair Advisory Board and the Salvation Army.
Dukes did not provide answers to the Alabama State Legislative Election 2006 National Political Awareness Test. The test informs voters how a candidate would vote on the issues if elected.
Dukes formerly served on the following committees:
- Commerce Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- County and Municipal Government Committee, Alabama House of Representatives (Chair)
- Subcommittee on Economic Development
- Subcommittee on Government Services (Vice Chair)
Dukes ran for re-election to the 8th District seat in 2010. He had no primary opposition. Dukes withdrew from the race after the primary.
Dukes raised $47,943 for his campaign.
In 2006, Dukes collected $47,943 in donations.
Below are Dukes's top 5 campaign contributors in the 2006 election:
|AL Education Assoc||$10,000|
|AL Assoc of Realtors||$5,000|
|Campaign Assistance Fund||$5,000|
|Business Council of Alabama||$2,500|
|AL State Employees Assoc||$2,071|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Dukes + Alabama + House + Legislature" Bill Dukes News Feed
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama House of Representatives
- Alabama House Committees
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Alabama Legislature - Bill J. Dukes
- Project Vote Smart - Bill J. Dukes
- State Surge - Legislative and voting track record
- Campaign contributions: 2008, 2006, 2002, 1998
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed November 19, 2014
- Project Vote Smart, "Issue Positions," accessed November 19, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2006 election results," accessed April 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Alabama House spending, 2006," November 4, 2006
- Follow the Money, "2006 Campaign contributions," accessed November 19, 2014
|Alabama House District 8
| Succeeded by|
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|