Bill Maloney (New York)
|Board member, Greece Central Board of Education, At-large|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|First elected||May 20, 2014|
|High school||Bristol Central High School|
|Other||Bryant & Stratton College|
|Profession||Retired facilities supervisor|
Bill Maloney is a resident of Monroe County, New York. Maloney graduated from Bristol Central High School in Connecticut before studying at Bryant & Stratton College. Maloney worked as both a licensed real estate professional and as a facilities supervisor for the Greece Central School District before retiring in April 2014. He is a Vietnam veteran and a member of the Greece Legion Post 468.
|Greece Central School District, At-Large General Election, 3-year term, 2014|
|Nonpartisan||Sean McCabe Incumbent||23.3%||1,604|
|Source: Greece Central School District, "Budget, Proposition Approved; Christoffel, McCabe, and Maloney Elected," accessed May 21, 2014|
Maloney did not receive any endorsements during the election.
A pamphlet issued by the school district included Maloney's campaign statement for 2014:
|“||As a Greece resident, I have both a personal and professional commitment to our schools. All three of my children are graduates of the Greece schools and I currently have three grandchildren in the district.
In my 40-years as a Greece employee, I have had the opportunity to work with people in many job titles. My experience provides me with a unique perspective on the inner working of the district that would be a benefit to the Board and the Greece community.
If elected, I will work to ensure that my grandchildren and all Greece students continue to receive the same quality of education my children received. I would appreciate your vote on May 20.
—Greece Central School District candidate pamphlet, (2014), 
About the district
- See also: Greece Central School District, New York
Monroe County outperformed the rest of New York in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 35.5 percent of Monroe County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 32.8 percent for New York as a whole. The median household income in Monroe County was $52,700 compared to $57,683 for the state of New York. The poverty rate in Monroe County was 14.6 percent compared to 14.9 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Maloney + Greece + Central + School + District"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Greece Central School District, "2014-15 Board of Education Candidates," accessed May 20, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Contribution Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "Expenditure Search," accessed May 20, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- United States Census Bureau, "Monroe County, New York," accessed April 11, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed April 22, 2014
- New York State Board of Elections, "NYS Voter Enrollment by County, Party Affiliation and Status - Voters Registered as of November 01, 2013," accessed April 11, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
|2014 Greece Central School District Elections|
|Monroe County, New York|
|Election date:||May 20, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Sean McCabe • Lisa Christoffel • Richard Cunningham • Bill Maloney • Kristo Miettinen|
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|