|U.S. Senate, Mississippi|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next primary||June 3, 2014|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Below are Marcy's career highlights.
- Director of Security, Ceders Medical Center
- Director of Security, Eden Roc Hotel
- Director of Security, Omni Hotels International
- Served, United States National Guard
- Police Officer (9 years)
Marcy is running in the 2014 election for the U.S. Senate, representing Mississippi. Marcy is seeking the Democratic nomination in the primary. Although Marcy ran as a Republican in 2012, he is switching parties in the event Chris McDaniel wins the primary against Thad Cochran. Marcy will keep his conservative positions and is branding his party switch as a 'Plan B' for voters. The general election takes place on November 4, 2014.
Marcy was defeated by incumbent Bennie Thompson. Marcy ran in the 2012 election for the U.S. House to represent Mississippi's 2nd District. As the nominee on the Republican ticket, Marcy faced incumbent Bennie Thompson (D), Cobby Williams (Independent), and Lajena Williams (Reform) in the November 2012 general election.
|U.S. House, Mississippi, District 2 General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Bennie Thompson Incumbent||67.1%||214,978|
|Source: Mississippi Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
Marcy outlined the following issues on his website:
Excerpt: "The tax and spend mentality of our President and the Democrat-led congress is making it harder to create new private industry jobs. The only way out of this recession is to permanently lower taxes and cut the size of government."
Excerpt: "I will support holding government to these constitutional limits. I believe the “Fair Tax” plan is the only fair way to fund Constitutional Government."
Excerpt: "I do not support bailing out the people and businesses that created the current economic crisis. Rewarding failure is not the American way. I do not believe in the idea that anyone or anything is 'too big to fail'."
Excerpt: "Encouraging competition between school systems by allowing vouchers and charter schools will improve the quality of education. The tax dollars should follow the child regardless of what type of school the parent decides their child should attend."
Excerpt: "I support our troops and will assure they have the best equipment to fight our enemies. Our forces must be able to project our Nation’s power throughout the world at a moments notice."
- Respect For Life
Excerpt: "What is called abortion is really the killing of unborn children."
- 10th Amendment
Excerpt: "As a United States Congressman, I will never forget what the Founding Fathers intended and I will work to live up to their expectations by protecting and defending The Constitution and all of it’s amendments, including those that guarantee the rights of all States."
Marcy lives in Meridan, MS, with his wife, Susan.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bill + Marcy + Mississippi + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Hill, "Miss. conservative to run against Sen. Cochran as 'Plan B' Democrat", accessed January 14, 2014
- Vote Smart Project, "Bill Marcy," accessed: October 10, 2012
- The Hill, "Miss. conservative to run against Sen. Cochran as 'Plan B' Democrat," accessed January 14, 2014
- Politico "2012 Election Map, Mississippi"
- WAPT 16, "Unofficial Mississippi Primary Results," March 13, 2012
- Bill Marcy, "10th Amendment," October 10, 2012
- Official Campaign Site, "About Bill Marcy," accessed January 16, 2011