|Oregon State Senate, District 6|
|Oregon House of Representatives|
|1998 - 2002|
|Bachelor's||Carroll College, 1953|
|Master's||University of Oregon, 1966|
Morrisette is a former member of the Lane County Council of Government. He served on the Springfield City Council from 1987 to 1989. He then became the Mayor of Springfield and served in that position until 1999. Morrisette served in the Oregon House of Representatives from 1998 to 2002.
Morrisette earned his B.A. in Economics/Political Science from Carroll College in 1953 and his M.A. in Education from the University of Oregon in 1966. His professional experience includes serving as a Social Studies Teacher for Springfield High School from 1963 to 1990.
Prior to leaving the Oregon State Senate, Morrisette served on the following committees:
- Health Care Committee, Oregon Senate
- Human Services and Rural Health Policy Committee, Oregon Senate
- Veterans' Affairs Committee, Oregon Senate
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2010
Morrisette did not seek re-election in 2010.
- See also: Oregon State Senate elections, 2006
On November 7, 2006, Morrisette was re-elected to the 6th District Seat in the Oregon State Senate, besting Rinee Lindsey (R). Morrisette raised $31,075 for his campaign, while Lindsey raised $2,706.
|Oregon State Senate, District 6 (2008)|
|Bill Morrisette (D)||30,161|
|Rinee Lindsey (R)||14,753|
In 2006, Basnight collected $31,075 in donations.
These were the largest contributors.
|CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE GRAND RONDE||$2,500|
|OREGON MEDICAL ASSOCIATION||$2,000|
|OREGON CREDIT UNION LEAGUE||$1,500|
|DOCTORS FOR HEALTHY COMMUNITIES||$1,500|
|OREGON EDUCATION ASSOCIATION||$1,500|
|COALITION FOR A HEALTHY OREGON||$1,500|
Morrisette and his wife, Janice, have eight children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Morrisette + Oregon + Senate'"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Oregon State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Oregon State Legislature
- Joint Committees
- Oregon state legislative districts
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2006 Oregon State Senate Primary Election Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- Oregon Secretary of State, "2006 Oregon State Senate General Election Results," accessed May 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "Oregon Senate spending, 2006," accessed May 23, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2006 campaign contributions," accessed December 24, 2014
|Oregon State Senate District 6
| Succeeded by|
Lee Beyer (D)