Bill Roberts (Alabama)
|Alabama House of Representatives District 13|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Assistant State Commissioner of Labor|
Roberts' professional experience includes working Vice President for human resources at CMI International Incorporated of Southfield and Assistant State Commissioner of Labor.
Roberts served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Subcommittee on Agency and Commission Issues
- Children and Senior Advocacy Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Economic Development and Tourism Committee, Alabama House of Representatives
- Subcommittee on Economic Development and Incentives
- Subcommittee on Regulations
- Subcommittee on Utilities
Elections for the office of Alabama House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 3, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on July 15, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Connie Cooner Rowe defeated incumbent Bill Roberts in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 13 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Connie Cooner Rowe||51.9%||4,235|
|Bill Roberts Incumbent||48.1%||3,930|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 13 General Election (2010)|
|Bill Roberts (R)||7,990|
|Tommy Sherer (D)||5,186|
|Alabama House of Representatives, District 13 Republican Primary (2010)|
|Bill Roberts (R)||1,769|
|Eddie Miller (R)||1,653|
In 2010, Roberts raised $132,805 in contributions.
His four largest contributors were:
|Alabama Republican Party||$42,803|
|Business Council Of Alabama||$36,000|
|Roberts, William A||$11,500|
|Friends Of Mike Hubbard||$10,000|
In 2010, Roberts' endorsements included the following:
- The Alabama Tea Party Express
Roberts has one child.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Note: As of January 2015, we were unable to locate any scorecards for the state of Alabama. If you are aware of a scorecard Ballotpedia has not included please email it to email@example.com.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Roberts + Alabama + House + Legislature"
- Alabama House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Alabama State Legislature
- Alabama state legislative districts
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2010
- Bill Roberts on LinkedIn
- Alabama Democrats, "Qualified candidates for public office list," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Republican Party, "State Senate," accessed February 27, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Democratic Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official Republican Primary Results," accessed June 20, 2014
- Alabama Secretary of State, "Official 2010 General election results," accessed July 18, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
- The Alabama Tea Party Express, "Endorsements," November 2, 2010
Tommy Sherer (D)
|Alabama House District 13
| Succeeded by|
Connie Cooner Rowe (R)