For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 26a|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Chief activist at www.corruptwa.com|
- Excerpt: "I advocate a traditional education at least through a 4-year college with a strong focus in math, science and writing skills. And I would choose a school that has a reputation for quality, a dedicated teaching staff and a curriculum that emphasizes the sciences."
- Excerpt: "The problem with public education isn't an inability to attract good teachers, it is the inability to remove incompetent or the simply lazy teacher. I know the personnel office gets thousands of resume's from teachers who would love to get a job in the public school system... but can't because the "unions" favor seniority over competence and this is what plagues public education."
- Excerpt: "I also believe those that can afford it, a tuition should be required rather than a levy, to fund those activities 'outside' basic education. This includes union negotiated programs for teachers."
- Excerpt: "To me, it makes some sense to look at the minimum wage issue as 'age specific' rather than one wage fits all. To say it another way, leave the minimum wage as is for young workers and gradually increase it with age. An attractive minimum wage should not compete with getting an education."
- Excerpt: "I also believe that lawyers should not be allowed to run for legislative office. All lawyers belong to a state agency, the WA State Bar, and are regulated by the WA Supreme Court. To allow lawyers to also serve in the WA State Legislature presents a “separation of powers” issue and needs to be resolved by expelling lawyers from the legislature."
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Jesse L. Young (R) and Nathan Schlicher (D) defeated Bill Scheidler (R) in the primary. Young defeated Schlicher in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 26a General Election, 2014|
|Republican||Jesse L. Young Incumbent||53.7%||26,391|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bill + Scheidler + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Bill Scheidler on LinkedIn
- Washington State Legislature
- Profile by Vote-USA
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Bill Scheidler for Representative 26th District Position 1, "Position on the issues," accessed July 15, 2014
- Corruptwa.com, "Bill Scheidler for Representative, 26th District," accessed July 15, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "Official general election results, 2014," accessed December 2, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |