|Kansas House of Representatives District 43|
|January 14, 2013 - Present|
|January 12, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Kansas City, Kansas|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Sutton served on the following committees:
|Kansas Committee Assignments, 2012|
|• Transportation and Public Safety Budget|
|• General Government Budget|
|• Energy and Environment|
Sutton's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am pro-life unconditionally. My core belief is that society exists for the sole purpose of protecting the unprotected and any law that legitimizes the killing of a person harms, yes the person killed, but the entire society."
- Excerpt: "Gun ownership is a right guaranteed by our Constitution, and I am a big fan of our Constitution."
- Excerpt: "Public policy should support parental choice. Consequently, base state aid for each pupil should follow the child, regardless of the school chosen by the parents as best for the child."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Dennis Ritter defeated Neil Billington and Robin McGregor in the Democratic primary. Jim Tedder defeated Jose Aliaga, Paul Greenawalt, Nate Knapper and Andrea Schroeder in the Republican primary.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2014|
Sutton won election in the 2012 election for Kansas House of Representatives District 43. Sutton defeated Dan L. Thompson in the Republican primary on August 7, 2012 and defeated Kevin King (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 43, General Election, 2012|
|Kansas House of Representatives, District 43 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Dan L. Thompson||37.2%||602|
Comprehensive donor information for Sutton is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Sutton raised a total of $15,583 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Bill Sutton's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Kansas State House, District 43||$15,583|
|Grand Total Raised||$15,583|
2012Sutton won election to the Kansas House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Sutton raised a total of $15,583.
|Kansas House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bill Sutton's campaign in 2012|
|Kansas Chamber of Commerce & Industry||$1,000|
|Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation||$750|
|Kansas Farm Bureau||$500|
|American Care Management||$500|
|Total Raised in 2012||$15,583|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Kansas Freedom Index
The Kansas Policy Institute, Kansas’s "first free market think tank," releases its legislator scorecard as a part of its Kansas Freedom Index for Kansas state representatives and senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score from 1%-100% based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Kansas Policy Institute thought were pro-limited government policies.
Bill Sutton received a score of 76.0% in the 2013 index.
Sutton and his wife, Lana, have three children. He is a member of the Knights of Columbus, reaching the rank of Grand Knight.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google News search for the term "Bill + Sutton + Kansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Kansas House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Joint Committees
- Kansas state legislative districts
- Kansas State Legislature
- Rep. Sutton's website
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Bill Sutton on Facebook
- Bill Sutton on Twitter
- Bill Sutton on YouTube
- Campaign Contributions: 2012
- "billsutton," Official Campaign Website
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Kansas Secretary of State, "Official Primary Candidate List," accessed June 28, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Sutton, Bill," accessed June 14, 2013
- Kansas Policy Institute, "Freedom Index," accessed March 31, 2014
- 2013 Kansas Policy Index
Mike Kiegerl (R)
|Kansas House of Representatives District 43
| Succeeded by|
State of Kansas
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Wildlife and Parks | Secretary of Labor | Corporation Commission |