Bill Whalen recall, Ashland, Wisconsin (2011)
The October 4th election was a recall primary election. Whalen won more than 50% of the vote, retaining his seat and avoiding a potential recall election on November 1st. 
- Number of votes to retain Bill Whalen: 787
- Number of votes for Dave Sorenson: 236
- Number of votes for Wendy Kloiber: 228
- Number of votes for Rollie Peterson: 187
- Number of votes for Charlie Ortman: 118
Zygmund Jablonski was a supporter of the recall. He says his motivations for working on the recall are "neglect of duty, willful misrepresentations, and inefficiency."
Former City Councilor Diane Morrison also supported the recall.
Path to the ballot
"Citizens to Recall Whalen" submitted a petition with 913 signatures. 782 signatures were required to force the recall election.
- ↑ FOX 21, "Mayor Bill Whalen Recall Reaction", October 5, 2011
- ↑ Ashland Current, "Recall Against Mayor Whalen Expected To Proceed", August 19, 2011
- ↑ Ashland Current, "Whalen Wins Recall Primary", October 4, 2011
- ↑ Ashland Current, "Recall of Ashland Mayor In Works", April 28, 2011
- ↑ Northland News Center, "Recall Campaign Initiated Against Ashland Mayor", June 3, 2011