|Former candidate for|
|Attorney General of Florida|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||University of Central Florida|
|J.D.||St. Thomas University School of Law|
Born in New Jersey, Wohlsifer moved between New Jersey and Florida twice before permanently relocating to Florida in 1985. Wohlsifer earned his B.A. in political science from the University of Central Florida in 1991. He went on to earn his J.D., cum laude, from St. Thomas University School of Law in 1996. He graduated in the top 10 percent of his class.
Professionally, Wohlsifer has practiced law since 1996. He currently practices debt collection, copyright and trademark litigation and homeowners' association law.
- See also: Florida attorney general election, 2014
|Attorney General of Florida, 2014|
|Republican||Pam Bondi Incumbent||55.1%||3,222,524|
|Election Results via Florida Division of Elections.|
October 6 debate
Pam Bondi (R), George Sheldon (D) and Bill Wohlsifer (L) discussed their positions on medical marijuana and same-sex marriage and during a debate hosted by Tampa Bay News 9. A question about Amendment 2, a ballot measure that would allow medical marijuana in the state, divided the candidates into different camps. Bondi opposes Amendment 2 due to concerns about the legitimacy of medical marijuana prescriptions given recent action by the state against doctors providing unnecessary prescriptions through "pill mills." Sheldon criticized detractors like Bondi for drumming up hysterical criticisms of Amendment 2, while Wohlsifer argued that the measure should provide greater freedom for marijuana use.
The debate brought up the United States Supreme Court decision to overturn the state's ban on same-sex marriage. Bondi did not provide a clear stance on same-sex marriage, stating that her office had only received the court decision hours before the debate. Sheldon argued that Bondi should not defend the state's ban, saying that the government should "get out of the business of telling people who they can love."
|Governor of Florida Hypothetical Match-Up Poll|
|Poll||Pam Bondi* (R)||George Sheldon (D)||Undecided||Margin of Error||Sample Size|
|Public Policy Poll|
January 16-21, 2014
April 23-25, 2014
|Note: The polls above may not reflect all polls that have been conducted in this race. Those displayed are a random sampling chosen by Ballotpedia staff. If you would like to nominate another poll for inclusion in the table, send an email to|
Wohlsifer submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I am a fiscal conservative and socially tolerant that believes in looking out for individual citizens first.||”|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bill + Wohlsifer + Attorney + General + Florida
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Bill Wohlsifer for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website
- Campaign Facebook
- Campaign Twitter
- Campaign YouTube
- Bill Wohlsifer's Hemp 4 Water plan
- Bill Wohlsifer for Attorney General 2014 Official campaign website, "Homepage," accessed May 12, 2014
- Florida Division of Elections, "Candidate Tracking System, 2014 General Election," accessed May 12, 2014
- Bill for Florida Attorney General, "About," accessed June 3, 2014
- Tampa Bay Times, "Florida attorney general candidates spar in lone debate," October 6, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on June 1, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Florida
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Chief Financial Officer | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Agriculture and Consumer Services | Commissioner of Insurance Regulation | Secretary of Environmental Protection | Director of Economic Opportunity | Chair of Public Service Commission |