was a Republican
candidate for District 13
of the Oregon House of Representatives
. The primary election
was on May 18, 2010 and the general election was on November 2, 2010
Young's campaign website listed four main issues:
- Our Children: "I believe no child should go hungry. All children should receive the specialized help they need. Stable school funding must go hand in hand with accountability for administrators to meet achievement standards. Maintain excellence and affordability in Higher Education"
- Our Environment: "I believe we must defend the livability of our environment for future generations. I will propose incentives for the development of reliable alternative energy programs."
- Economic Viability: "Business must be given the flexibility to create better paying jobs. Eliminate wasteful government spending."
- Public Health and Safety: "Doctors and patients--not bureaucrats--must make health care decisions. To reduce crime in our neighborhoods we must prosecute criminals before imposing more laws on law-abiding citizens. Strengthen rehabilitation for first time offenders."
- See also: Oregon House of Representatives elections, 2010
Young was defeated in the November 2 general election by incumbent Nancy Nathanson.