|Indiana House of Representatives, District 45|
|June 17, 2014 - November 5, 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Gambill's professional experience includes serving as Township Trustee/Assessor in Linton Township and working as a nurse.
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Incumbent Kreg Battles was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while Bruce Borders was unopposed in the Republican primary. Battles resigned on May 16 and Bionca Gambill (D) was appointed on June 17. Gambill was defeated by Borders in the general election.
|Indiana House of Representatives 45, General Election, 2014|
In the May 4th primary, Gambill defeated Kal Ellis (1,672) and Randy Carter (1,034) with 3,209 votes.
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
- Legislators are scored on their stances on issues "impacting working people."
- Legislators are scored on their votes on "pro-jobs, pro-economy issues."
- Legislators are scored on whether they supported or opposed IMA's position on a bill.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bionca + Gambill + Indiana + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House of Representatives District 45
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana Talks, "Bionca D. Gambill sworn in as Indiana House District 45 representative," June 17, 2014
- gambill.indianahousedemocrats.org, "Biography," accessed August 26, 2014 (timed out)
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed August 11, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- StateScape, "Session schedules," accessed August 13, 2014
Kreg Battles (D)
|Indiana House of Representatives District 45
June 2014-November 2014
| Succeeded by|
Bruce Borders (R)
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |