Biren J. Jhaveri
|Biren J. Jhaveri|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Woodbridge Township Board of Education, At-large|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 5, 2013|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Jhaveri owns a business in Iselin, New Jersey.
|Woodbridge Township School Board, At-large, 3-year term, 2013|
|Nonpartisan||John Golden Incumbent||29.4%||8,554|
|Nonpartisan||Brian F. Small Incumbent||28.5%||8,284|
|Nonpartisan||Jonathan Triebwasser Incumbent||17.5%||5,088|
|Nonpartisan||Thomas E. Maras||17%||4,943|
|Nonpartisan||Biren J. Jhaveri||7.7%||2,238|
|Source: Middlesex County, "Election Results," November 12, 2013|
Jhaveri reported no contributions or expenditures to the New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission.
Jhaveri did not receive any published endorsements for the 2013 campaign.
What was stake?
About the district
Woodbridge Township outperformed state rates for poverty and median income while lagging behind the state rate for higher education achievement in 2010. The town had a poverty rate of 5.4% in the 2010 U.S. Census while the state rate was 9.4%. The 2010 U.S. Census calculated Woodbridge Township's median income at $78,446 while the state median income was $71,180. The percentage of city residents over 25 years old with undergraduate degrees (34.6%) is below the state average (35%).
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Biren + Jhaveri + Woodbridge + Township + Schools"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- New Jersey
- Woodbridge Township School District, New Jersey
- Woodbridge Township School District elections (2013)
- Sentinel, "Mayor introduces 10-point plan for Iselin," January 31, 2007
- New Jersey Election Law Enforcement Commission, "Standard Search," Accessed December 27, 2013
- 2010 U.S. Census, "Quick Facts: Woodbridge Township," Accessed October 30, 2013
- City of Perth Amboy, "General Election Results," Accessed October 21, 2013