Alabama and is the county seat of Jefferson County It also includes part of Shelby County. The population of the city is 242,820 as of the 2000 census, and 229,424 according to the 2006 estimate.
- Main article:Alabama government sector lobbying
Birmingham has reported $930,000 spent lobbying since 2000 (see table).
|Year||Amount spent on lobbying|
|Transparency grading process|
See also: Evaluation of Alabama city websites
Last rated on October 16, 2012.
- Budget documents are available.
- Elected officials
- Names and contact details are provided for elected officials.
- Building permits & zoning
- Financial audits are posted.
- Open bids are listed.
- Local taxes
- Local tax details are available.
- Meeting minutes are not available.
- Administrative officials
- Administrative contacts are not listed.
- Awarded contracts are not listed.
- Public records
- Information is not provided on how to file a public records request.
- There is no information on [government sector lobbying].
- Open Secrets
- Birmingham AL, Finances, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Agendas, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Calendar, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Meet the Council, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Building Permits, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Building Codes, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Planning, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Bidding Opportunities, 7/15/2013
- Birmingham AL, Tax Office, 7/15/2013
State of Alabama
|State executive officers||
Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer| Auditor| Superintendent of Education| Commissioner of Insurance| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Agriculture and Industries| Commissioner of Labor| Public Service Commission|