Black Hawk County, Iowa
- 1 Website evaluation
- 2 Budget
- 3 Public Employees
- 4 Lobbying
- 5 Transparency & public records
- 6 Taxes
- 7 External links
- 8 References
Black Hawk County is one of 99 counties in Iowa. Black Hawk County is a county located in the northeastern part of the state. The population was 131,090 in the 2010 census, an increase from 128,012 in 2000. Black Hawk County has the fourth largest population for counties in the state. The majority of the county's population resides in the Waterloo-Cedar Falls urbanized area.
- Main article: Evaluation of Iowa county websites
- Current budget is available.
- Board meeting schedule, agendas, and minutes are available.
- Officials are listed and have contact information.
- Zoning information and permitting documents are available.
- County audits are available.
- Tax levy rates are posted and property taxes can be paid online.
- Archived budget documents are not accessible.
- County contracts are not available online.
- Public records request details are not posted.
- Does not disclose if belongs to government sector lobbying associations.
The 2010-2011 Adopted Budget document contains $89,255,411 in budgeted expenditures. The budget year's ending fund balance, as of June 30, was $15,928,045.
Board of Supervisors
Other elected officials
The county elects five other positions.
|Tom Ferguson||County Attorney|
|Grant Veeder||County Auditor|
|Judith A. McCarthy||Recorder|
|Rita Schmidt||County Treasurer|
Administrative contact details are available on individual department webpages.
See also: Iowa state government salary
The county does not provide salary details for public employees.
See also: Iowa public pensions
Employees participate in the Iowa Public Employees Retirement System (IPERS). They are also able to participate in a voluntary deferred compensation 457 plan.
The Sheriff's office employs approximately 160 employees, that work in four divisions. The divisions are Administrative, Field Services, Special Services, and Jail Division.
See also: Iowa government sector lobbying
The county does not disclose information regarding taxpayer funded lobbying efforts.
Transparency & public records
The County does not provide information on how to file a public records request.
According to the 2010-2011 adopted budget document, the County collected $29,098,949 in taxes levied on property.
- Iowa on State Budget Solutions
- Black Hawk County official website
- Black Hawk Free Public Records Directory
- Black Hawk County on Epodunk
- Black Hawk County Quick Facts