|South Dakota House of Representatives District 35|
|January 13, 2015|
|Years in position||1|
|Base salary||$6,000/session; $129/day for interim committees|
|Per diem||$110/legislative day|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Campbell served on the following committees:
|South Dakota Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Human Services|
Elections for the office of South Dakota House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 25, 2014. Dave Freytag was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Incumbent Blaine Campbell and Lynne Disanto defeated Nancy Trautman in the Republican primary. Freytage will face Disanto and Campbell in the general election.
|South Dakota House of Representatives, District 35 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Blaine "Chip" Campbell Incumbent||30.9%||650|
Campbell won election in the 2012 election for South Dakota House of Representatives District 35. Campbell defeated Jack Siebold in the Republican primary on June 5 and won election in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 35 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Don Kopp Incumbent||48.3%||712|
|Blaine "Chip" Campbell||33%||486|
Comprehensive donor information for Blaine Campbell is available dating back to 2012. Based on available campaign finance records, Blaine Campbell raised a total of $7,173 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 27, 2013.
|Blaine Campbell's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||South Dakota House of Representatives, District 35||$7,173|
|Grand Total Raised||$7,173|
2012Blaine Campbell won election to the South Dakota House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Blaine Campbell raised a total of $7,173.
|South Dakota House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Blaine Campbell's campaign in 2012|
|Campbell, Blaine (Chip)||$4,623|
|GOP House Future Pac||$500|
|Peter Norbeck Pac||$500|
|Daugaard for South Dakota||$250|
|Black Hills Corp Pac Multi Purpose Pac||$250|
|Total Raised in 2012||$7,173|
|Source:Follow the Money|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
In 2014, the 89th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 14 to March 31.
- South Dakota Right to Life: 2013-2014 Pro-life Legislative Ratings
- Legislators are scored based on their votes relating to the issue of abortions.
In 2013, the 88th South Dakota State Legislature was in session from January 8 to March 25.
- South Dakota Freedom Coalition: South Dakota Freedom Index 2013
- Legislators are scored based on their votes on the "top ten" issues affecting your freedom.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Blaine + Campbell + South + Dakota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- South Dakota State Legislature
- South Dakota House of Representatives
- South Dakota House Committees
- South Dakota Joint Committees
- South Dakota House of Representatives District 35
- Profile from the South Dakota House of Representatives
- Profile from Open States
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Current Candidates for Primary Election," May 2, 2014
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Primary Election Unofficial Results," accessed June 3, 2014
- Office of the South Dakota Secretary of State, "2012 Primary Election Candidate List," accessed April 9, 2012
- South Dakota Secretary of State, "Official Primary Results," June 25, 2012
- followthemoney.org, "Campbell, Blaine," accessed September 27, 2013
|South Dakota House of Representatives District 35
| Succeeded by|