Blaine School District Bond Measure (February 2012)
This measure was approved
- YES 2,820 (62.03%)
- NO 1,726 (37.97%)
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $3 million in order to help pay for capital improvement projects in the district including remoldeling classrooms, upgrading security and lighting needs in the district.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|The Board of Directors of Blaine School District No. 503 passed Resolution #11/12-03 concerning this bond proposition. This proposition authorizes the District to remodel and make other capital improvements to Blaine High School, Primary, Elementary and Middle Schools, including classroom remodeling, lighting, HVAC, and security renovations and improvements; to issue for these purposes $3,000,000 of general obligation bonds maturing within a maximum 6 years; and to levy property taxes annually, in addition to regular tax levies, to repay the bonds, as provided in Resolution #11/12-03.|
- The Northern Light, "Voters give school bond thumbs-up," February 22, 2012
- Bellingham Herald, "$3 million bond, levy for Blaine School District before voters," February 3, 2012
- Whatcom County Elections, Current Election Results
- Whatcom County Elections, February Sample Ballot
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.