Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 72|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Cozzens' website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "I am opposed to the federal Department of Education. Decisions regarding the education of our children are best made at the local level. I believe that our local teachers, parents and school boards should be the ones creating education standards not the federal government. We know what’s best for children in our community not the federal government."
- Excerpt: "I believe firmly in the civil rights safeguarded under the constitution. Too many of our rights have been infringed upon by an overreaching federal government who has been completely ignoring the constitution."
- Excerpt: "I do not support amnesty, I support legal immigration and reforms to immigration that would make it not so cumbersome to legally immigrate while still maintaining strict requirements. Immigration is a vital component that helped found our country and continues to make it great."
- Excerpt: "I enjoy the right of being a gun owner and am a strong supporter and advocate for the 2nd and concealed carry. Thomas Jefferson said it best when he said “The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”."
- Excerpt: "I am 100% pro-life. I believe that life begins at conception. I firmly believe that abortion is taking the life of an innocent baby."
Elections for the office of Utah House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on June 24, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 20, 2014. Incumbent John Westwood defeated Blake Cozzens in the Republican convention. Westwood defeated Barry Short (L) in the general election.
|Utah House of Representatives District 72, General Election, 2014|
|Republican||John R. Westwood Incumbent||83.4%||5,210|
|Write-In||Linda Lou Allen||0.8%||50|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 72 Republican Primary, 2014|
|John R. Westwood Incumbent||71.8%||2,084|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Blake + Cozzens + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Utah State Legislature
- Utah House of Representatives District 72
- Utah House of Representatives
- Utah House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart