|Former candidate for|
|Board member, Barrow County Board of Education, District 1|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||May 20, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Toccoa Falls College|
Foster earned a bachelor's degree in theology from Toccoa Falls College. He has worked as a receiving manager with burton+BURTON since 1991. Foster also serves as a youth minister.
|Barrow County School System, District 1 Republican Primary, 4-year term, 2014|
|Republican||Randall Holland Incumbent||46.6%||330|
|Source: Margaret Koenig, "Email correspondence with Monica Franklin, Barrow County Elections Supervisor," December 31, 2014|
Foster did not report any contributions or expenditures to the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission.
Foster did not receive any endorsements in this election.
About the district
- See also: Barrow County School System, Georgia
Barrow County underperformed in comparison to the rest of Georgia in terms of higher education achievement in 2012. The United States Census Bureau found that 16.6 percent of Barrow County residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 27.8 percent for Georgia as a whole. The median household income in Barrow County was $51,202 compared to $49,604 for the state of Georgia. The poverty rate in Barrow County was 13.6 percent compared to 17.4 percent for the entire state.
|Racial Demographics, 2012|
|Race||Barrow County (%)||Georgia (%)|
|Black or African American||11.5||31.2|
|American Indian and Alaska Native||0.5||0.5|
|Native Hawaiian and Other Pacific Islander||0.1||0.1|
|Two or More Races||2.0||1.8|
|Hispanic or Latino||9.4||9.2|
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin rather than a race. Citizens may report both their race and their place of origin, and as a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table may exceed 100 percent.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Blake + Foster + Barrow + County + Schools + Georgia"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Barrow Journal, "Blake Foster, BOE district 1 candidate," July 10, 2010
- United States Census Bureau, "Barrow County, Georgia," accessed May 12, 2014
- National Center for Education Statistics, "ELSI Table Generator," accessed May 12, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages, although rounding by the Census Bureau may make the total one- or two-tenths off from being exactly 100 percent. This Ballotpedia page provides a more detailed explanation of how the Census Bureau handles race and ethnicity in its surveys.
|2014 Barrow County School System Elections|
|Barrow County, Georgia|
|Election date:||November 4, 2014|
|Candidates:||District 1: • Blake Foster • Betty Kinney • Debi Krause • Randall Holland|
District 9: • DuWayne Anderson • Mark Still
|Important information:||Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|