|Arkansas State Senate, District 20|
|January 12, 2015 - Present|
|January 13, 2019|
|Years in position||0|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|First elected||November 4, 2014|
|Next general||November 6, 2018|
|Term limits||2 terms (8 years)|
|Bachelor's||Arkansas State University (1993)|
Johnson earned his B.S. in exercise science from Arkansas State University in 1993.
2015 legislative session
At the beginning of the 2015 legislative session, Johnson served on the following committees:
|Arkansas Committee Assignments, 2015|
|• Agriculture, Forestry and Economic Development|
|• Rules, Resolutions and Memorials|
|• Public Retirement and Social Security Programs|
|• Legislative Joint Auditing|
- See also: Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Arkansas State Senate will consist of a primary election on May 20, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Robert Thompson was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Blake Johnson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Johnson defeated Thompson in the general election.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 20 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Robert Johnson Incumbent||46.2%||10,405|
Johnson ran in the 2012 election for Arkansas Senate, District 20. Johnson ran unopposed in the May 22 Republican primary and was defeated by Robert Thompson (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Arkansas State Senate, District 20, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Robert Thompson Incumbent||50.8%||13,616|
Legislative scorecards are used to evaluate elected public officials based on voting record. Some scorecards are created by political advocacy groups with a focus on specific issues, while others are developed by newspapers and are broad in scope. Scorecards are meant to be used as a tool for voters to have a quick picture of whether their views align with a particular legislator's record.
Because scorecards can be specific to particular issues or general to a state’s legislative term, for example, each report should be considered on its own merits. Each entity that publishes these reports uses different methodologies and definitions for the terms used.
Please see our writing guidelines if you would like to add results from an individual scorecard to this legislator's profile.
Johnson is married and has two children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Blake + Johnson + Arkansas + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas State Senate
- Arkansas Senate Committees
- Arkansas state legislative districts
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography," accessed March 24, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Candidate Information," accessed March 5, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 26, 2014
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Election Results 2012," accessed November 7, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "2012 Election candidates," March 8, 2012
- Arkansas Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary Results," accessed December 20, 2013
Robert Thompson (D)
|Arkansas State Senate District 20
| Succeeded by|