Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa House of Representatives District 81|
|Bachelor's||Buena Vista University|
|Place of birth||Ottumwa, Iowa|
Smith currently attends Buena Vista University, where he intends to receive a Bachelor's degree in Political Science and History.
Smith's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Create lasting careers and boost business in our economy and keep more money in Iowan's pockets."
- Excerpt:"Cut wasteful spending and make government more effective and improve Iowa's education system."
- Excerpt:"Improve our infrastructure once and for all."
- Excerpt:"Protect the Purity of our U.S Constitutional Right to Vote."
- Excerpt:"Protect the Second Amendment."
- Excerpt:"Strengthen Efforts on Illegal-Immigration."
Smith ran in the 2012 election for Iowa House of Representatives District 81. Smith defeated Rick McClure in the Republican primary on June 5, 2012 and was defeated by incumbent Mary Gaskill (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 81, General Election, 2012|
|Democratic||Mary Gaskill Incumbent||59.9%||7,706|
|Iowa House of Representatives, District 81 Republican Primary, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Blake + Smith + Iowa + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Blake Smith on Facebook
- Blake Smith on Twitter
State of Iowa
Des Moines (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Director of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chair of Utilities |
Iowa Supreme Court | Judicial Nominating and Qualifications Commission | Circuit Court of Appeals | District Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |