Blue Springs School District elections (2014)
|General Election date:|
Method of election
What was at stake?
Blue Springs School District
Jackson County, Missouri ballot measures
Local ballot measures, Missouri
Three seats on the Blue Springs School District school board were up for general election on April 8, 2014. Three incumbent candidates, Dale Falck, Dave Walkup and Kay Coen filed seeking re-election and ran unopposed. The election did not appear on the ballot.
About the district
- See also: Blue Springs School District, Missouri
Blue Springs outperformed the state average in median household income and residents living below the poverty level. The United States Census Bureau found that 28.8 percent of Blue Springs residents aged 25 years and older had attained a bachelor's degree compared to 25.8 percent for Missouri as a whole. The median household income in Blue Springs was $66,509 compared to $51,529 for the state of Missouri. The poverty rate in Blue Springs was 8.8 percent compared to 15.0 percent for the entire state.
Note: The United States Census Bureau considers "Hispanic or Latino" to be a place of origin, not a race. Therefore, the Census allows citizens to report both their race and that they are from a "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin simultaneously. As a result, the percentages in each column of the racial demographics table will exceed 100 percent. Each column will add up to 100 percent after removing the "Hispanic or Latino" place of origin percentages.
Method of board member selection
The Blue Springs Board of Education consists of seven members elected at-large to three-year terms. There is no primary election, and the general election was scheduled to be held on April 8, 2014. The election was cancelled due to lack of opposition. Three at-large seats were scheduled to be on the ballot in 2014, two seats will be on the ballot in 2015 and the remaining seats will appear on the ballot in 2016.
The filing deadline for school board candidates to get on the ballot in the general election was January 28, 2014.
- Kay Coen
- Dale Walkup
- Dale Falck
Kay Coen, Dale Walkup and Dale Falck were unopposed for three at-large positions on the Blue Springs Board of Education. The election did not appear on the ballot.
No candidates received an endorsement in this election.
No candidate filed a campaign finance report with the Missouri Ethics Commission.
Information about earlier elections can be found by clicking [show] at the right.
The following dates are key deadlines for the Blue Springs School District election in 2014:
|December 17, 2013||First day for candidate filing|
|January 21, 2014||Last day for candidate filing|
|January 28, 2014||Deadline for entities to certify elections to election authority|
|February 25, 2014||First day for absentee voting|
|April 2, 2014||Last day absentee ballot can be mailed|
|March 12, 2014||Voter registration deadline|
|April 8, 2014||Election day|
Additional elections on the ballot
The April 8, 2014 General Municipal Election featured races for local, municipal and school positions.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Blue + Springs + School + District + Missouri"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Blue Springs School District, Missouri
- Missouri school board elections, 2014
- List of school board elections in 2014
- School board elections, 2014
- Jackson County, Missouri ballot measures
- Local ballot measures, Missouri
- Election preview: More than 100 candidates running in California, Missouri and South Dakota school board elections
- Post-election:Incumbents fare well in Missouri, South Dakota and California school board elections
- Brandon Dumsky, The Examiner, "Filing closes in school board races," January 22, 2014
- United States Census Bureau, "Blue Springs (city), Missouri," accessed February 6, 2013
- United States Census Bureau, "Frequently Asked Questions," accessed April 21, 2014
- Jackson County Election Board, "2014 Election Calendar," February 11, 2014
- Blue Springs School District, "Board Members," accessed February 11, 2014
- Missouri, "Campaign Finance," accessed Feruary 10, 2014
- Jackson County Elections Board, "What's on the ballot?" accessed February 10, 2014
|2014 Blue Springs School District Elections|
|Platte County, Missouri|
|Election date:||April 8, 2014|
|Candidates:||At-large: • Incumbent, Dale Falck • Incumbent, Kay Coen • Incumbent, Dale Walkup|
|Important information:||What was at stake? • Key deadlines • Additional elections on the ballot|