|Colorado State Senate, District 14|
|2005 - 2013|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|Bachelor's||Illinois State University|
|Master's||University of Northern Colorado, 1961|
|Place of birth||Galesburg, IL|
Bacon was a Director/Board Member for Poudre School District Board of Education from 1991 to 1999 and served in the Colorado State House of Representatives from 1997 to 2002. From 1999 to 2000, he was the House Assistant Minority Leader.
Bacon earned his B.S. in Social Sciences from Illinois State University in 1957 and his M.A. in History from the University of Northern Colorado in 1961. His professional experience includes working as a teacher for Chatsworth Illinois School District from 1957 to 1960, Poudre School District from 1960 to 1991 and Front Range Community College from 1991 to 1996.
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Bacon served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado State Senate
- Capital Development Committee, Colorado General Assembly, Vice Chair
- Education Committee, Colorado State Senate, Chair
- State, Veterans, and Military Affairs Committee, Colorado State Senate, Vice Chair
In the 2009-2010 legislative session, Bacon served on these committees:
- Appropriations Committee, Colorado Senate
- Education Committee, Colorado Senate
- State, Veterans & Military Affairs Committee, Colorado Senate
- See also: Colorado State Senate elections, 2012
Bacon was ineligible to run for re-election to the Colorado State Senate in 2012 due to term limits.
Bacon raised $120,623 for his campaign, while Fries raised $45,934.
|Colorado State Senate, District 14 (2008)|
|Bob Bacon (D)||46,750|
|Matt Fries (R)||27,835|
|Colorado State Senate 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Bacon's campaign in 2010|
|Colorado Dental Association||$200|
|Total Raised in 2010||$300|
In 2008, Bacon collected $120,623 in donations.
His five largest contributors in 2008 were:
|Democratic Senate Campaign Committee Of New York||$18,000|
|Food & Commercial Workers Local 7||$4,250|
|Colorado Education Association||$4,250|
|Poudre Education Association||$4,250|
|Jefferson County Education Association||$4,250|
Bacon and his wife, Beverly, have three children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bob + Bacon + Colorado + Senate
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Colorado State Legislature
- Colorado State Senate
- Colorado Senate Committees
- Colorado state legislative districts
- Bob Bacon's personal website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Bob Bacon
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2008 2006 2004 2000 1998
- Sen. Bacon on State Surge
|Colorado State Senate - District 14
| Succeeded by|
John Kefalas (D)