|Illinois House of Representatives, District 51|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Lewis University, 1979|
Bednar earned his B.S. in Accounting from Lewis University in 1979. His professional experience includes working as a bank controller and lending officer.
Bednar's campaign website highlights the following issues:
Economy & Jobs
- Excerpt: "If we overhaul our Workman’s Comp and enact meaningful tort reform, the economic risk and cost to Illinois businesses of hiring new employees would dramatically decrease. More jobs in Illinois translates into more gross sales and income for other Illinois businesses. It also increases tax collections for the state in a natural way, Economic Growth."
- Excerpt: "Working families in Illinois that are barely making ends meet cannot afford the Quinn-Madigan 67% tax increase. High Income Taxes are driving working families out of Illinois. Pass legislation that eliminates unfair property tax increases when your property value or assessment decreases. We can invite Illinois businesses to continue investing in Illinois by rolling back the Quinn-Madigan 45% Corporate tax increases."
Budgets & Spending
- Excerpt: "Dramatic reforms are needed to stop the Billions in wasteful spending. Our next Governor, (a Republican), needs to have the ability to line item veto wasteful spending."
- Excerpt: "Defend the 2nd Amendment against all attacks!"
- Excerpt: "After the Illinois Supreme Court declares the Pension Reform Act to be unconstitutional, I will work to draft meaningful and constitutionally stable pension reform legislation that will help put Illinois on a path to financial stability. We need to eliminate the pension boost loopholes that are used right before retirement to inflate pension benefits. The Illinois Reciprocal Act is a classic example. Over 400 retired Illinois legislators have used this legislation to dramatically inflate their pensions. The present system needs to be converted to a defined contribution plan (401-K) model."
- Excerpt: "We need term limits for ALL Illinois elected officials serving in Springfield. A return to a more citizen based Legislature will help curb long time cronyism and insider dealings. Bigger government means more corruption. We need to give the next Governor (a Republican), the ability to line item veto spending."
- Excerpt: "The Chicago School System is the only school system in the world that has more administrators than teachers. We need to stop rewarding failure."
Elections for the office of Illinois House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Ed Sullivan, Jr. defeated Bob Bednar in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
Bednar and his wife, Jo Ann, have one child.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Bednar + Illinois + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
State of Illinois
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Comptroller | Auditor General | Superintendent of Education | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor | Chairman of Commerce Commission |