Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Minnesota House of Representatives District 8B|
|Bachelor's||University of Minnesota|
|Profession||Teacher (retired)/Sports broadcaster|
Cunniff's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Higher education targeting today’s work force skills builds local economies and is a key to our economic stability. I am committed to finding sustainable ways to fund education and authentic ways to measure success."
- Excerpt:"We can work to increase the quality and productivity of Minnesota agriculture so it can be a trusted supplier to foreign buyers now and in the future."
- Excerpt:"We want forests and prairies, whether for hunting, hiking, or just enjoying their beauty. It is part of our Minnesota heritage, and it is the State’s responsibility to use good science and fair regulation to improve and protect our waters and our lands. I want an environment in which my children’s children can live."
Fiscal Responsibility and Taxes
- Excerpt:"Instead of racking up debt and pushing off our budget problems on our kids we should listen to Minnesotans and pass fair and responsible budgets that support small businesses, farmers, seniors, students, and families across the state."
- Excerpt:"The Health Benefits Exchange, which is on the horizon, is an opportunity to listen with our head and our heart. It is an opportunity to work together and hear the voices of all in this state who will depend on it to shape our future. Health has no political party."
Cunniff ran in the 2012 election for Minnesota House of Representatives District 8B. He defeated Bruce Campbell in the Democratic primary on August 14 and was defeated by incumbent Mary Franson (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012 by a single vote.
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 8B, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Mary Franson Incumbent||50%||10,640|
|Minnesota House of Representatives, District 8B Democratic Primary, 2012|
On education, Cunniff states, "Early education programs prepare both children and their parents for the process of lifelong learning. Investing in elementary, secondary, and special education helps ensure children get what they need and deserve...We save money on social services, corrections, and the justice system." On agriculture, he says, "Keeping taxes low enough that family farms can thrive will always be a top priority of mine. Exports are another key factor that drives our farm economy, and we need to take steps to make them strong."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bob + Cunniff + Minnesota + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- "cunniffstatehouse," Official Campaign Website
- Minnesota Secretary of State
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "2012 State General Election Candidate Filings," accessed June 18, 2012
- Minnesota Secretary of State, "Minnesota State Canvassing Report - State Primary - Tuesday, August 14, 2012," accessed April 23, 2014
- Cunniffstatehouse.com, "Issues," accessed August 9, 2012
State of Minnesota
St. Paul (capital)
Minnesota State Constitution | House of Representatives | Senate | County Attorney | House Research Department | Legislative Reference Library | Senate Counsel Research and Fiscal Analysis | Legislative Auditor |
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Commissioner of Management and Budget | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chair of Public Utilities |