Arizona State Senate, District 1
Donahue earned his B.S. in Economics from Arizona State University in 1966. His professional experience includes working as owner/President of Donahue Equipment Company Incorporated, owner of Carefree Assisted Living Center and President of BNR Corporation. He served in the United States Marine Corps as a Sergeant from 1966 to 1968.
Donahue's website mentioned two issues:
- Don't give us more taxes - give us fairer taxes.
- Excerpt: "Economists warn that putting an increased tax burden on small businesses , our only real economic engine, just as we are coming out of a recession is economic suicide.... There are good alternatives available to fund needed services such as public safety, transportation and schools."
- Don't hassle immigrants - hassle criminals at the border.
- Excerpt: "Our cities and towns aren't safe and our Legislature with SB 1070 has not made them any safer. If anything, by taking local police "off the beat" to hassle day workers and kitchen help our streets are less safe, our economy takes a hit, migrants suffer needlessly and the crime originating at the border goes on unchecked."
- See also: Arizona State Senate elections, 2010
|Arizona State Senate, District 1 General Election (2010)|
|Steve Pierce (R)||52,458|
|Bob Donahue (D)||28,463|
Donahue and his wife, Barbara, have six children.
- Bob Donahue's campaign website
- Project Vote Smart Biography
- Full list of candidates filed for the Arizona primary