|U.S. House, California, District 27|
|Bachelor's||California State University Fullerton, 1983|
|J.D.||Santa Clara University School of Law, 1987|
|Other||LLM, New York University, 1990|
Duran earned his BA in Business Administration from California State University Fullerton in 1983. He went on to receive his J.D. from Santa Clara University School of Law in 1987. He then earned a LLM in Taxation from New York University in 1990. Duran is employed as a tax attorney/businessman.
Duran's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "While American families try to make ends meet, the federal government spends at an alarming and unprecedented rate. The budget deficit has exceeded $1 trillion in each of the last three years and is projected to exceed $1.2 trillion this year. The national debt is approaching $16 trillion. Forty-three cents of every dollar the federal government spends is borrowed."
- Job Creation and Economic Growth
- Excerpt: "In January 2011, the Administration announced a new get-tough policy on overregulation. Acknowledging that “rules have gotten out of balance” and “have had a chilling effect on growth and jobs,” we were promised a comprehensive review of regulations imposed by the federal government."
- Excerpt: "Comprehensive tax reform is essential to the long-term stability of our economy."
- Excerpt: "Washington politicians have failed to advance an energy policy that will lead to American energy independence and lower energy prices. They have blocked construction of the Keystone Pipeline that would bring oil from Canada to America and create thousands of jobs."
- Excerpt: "In March 2010, the administration estimated that the cost of the health care provisions of Obamacare would be $931 billion over the period 2010–2019. In March 2012, the Congressional Budget Office estimated the cost of the health care provisions of the law to be $1.76 trillion for the period 2012-2022, nearly double the 2010 estimate."
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bob + Duran + California + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- They might be giants: Island vibe a strong pull for Alberta musician - Victoria Times Colonist
- Coming to the Isle of Man saved my life says Debee - Isle of Man Today
- Bob Tomasino, Owner of Studio City's Oil Can Harry's, Reportedly Killed by DUI ... - Patch.com
- U.S. Buys for Manny Pacquiao-Brandon Rios to Subsidize Chinese PPV ... - BoxingInsider.com