For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Former candidate for|
|Ohio Lieutenant Governor|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Master's||Wayne State University, 1982|
|J.D.||Ohio State University, Moritz College of Law, 2002|
|Ph.D.||Wayne State University, 1990|
|Date of birth||November 29, 1955|
|Place of birth||Highland Park, MI|
Fitrakis earned his M.A. from Wayne State University in 1982. He went on to receive his Ph.D. in 1990. He then earned his J.D. from Ohio State University's Moritz College of Law in 2002.
Fitrakis was an instructor at Wayne State University from 1979 to 1986. He also taught at the University of Michigan, Dearborn, from 1984 to 1986. He has been employed as a professor of political science at Columbus State Community College since 1987.
To get the Green ticket on the November ballot, Rios and Fitrakis needed to receive 500 write-in votes in the primary on May 6. They succeeded, with 628 votes according to the unofficial results.
|Governor and Lieutenant Governor of Ohio, 2014|
|Republican||John Kasich/Mary Taylor Incumbent||63.6%||1,944,848|
|Democratic||Ed FitzGerald/Sharen Neuhardt||33%||1,009,359|
|Green||Anita Rios/Bob Fitrakis||3.3%||101,706|
|Election Results via Ohio Secretary of State.|
The Washington Post listed the House of Representatives elections in Ohio in 2012 as one of the 10 states that could have determined whether Democrats retook the House or Republicans held their majority in 2013. Ohio tied with Pennsylvania for 9th on the list.
|U.S. House, Ohio District 3 General Election, 2012|
|Libertarian||Richard Ehrbar III||3.2%||9,462|
|Source: Ohio Secretary of State "Official Election Results, 2012 General Election"|
As of July 13, 2012, Fitrakis did not have any contribution reports on file with the Federal Election Commission.
Fitrakis lives in Columbus, Ohio, with his wife, Suzanne Patzer.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Fitrakis + Ohio + Lieutenant + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Plain Dealer, "Libertarian, Green parties post write-in candidates for primary in hopes of reaching November ballot," February 26, 2014
- Cincinnati.com, "Election 2014," accessed November 4, 2014
- NBC News, "Decision 2014 – Ohio Governor," accessed November 4, 2014
- Ballot Access News, "Ohio Green Party Still Has Chance to Qualify its Gubernatorial Candidate for the November Ballot," March 24, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Results," accessed May 9, 2014
- Politico, "2012 Election Map, Ohio," accessed November 11, 2012
- Washington Post, "The 10 states that will determine control of the House in 2012," accessed April 25, 2012
State of Ohio
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Director of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Superintendent of Industrial Compliance and Labor | Chairman of Public Utilities |