|Illinois State Senate, District 39|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Illinois Institute of Technology|
|J.D.||Chicago-Kent College of Law|
Born in India, Galhotra immigrated to Chicago as a boy with his family in 1972. He graduated from Lane Tech High School.
Following high school, Galhotra attended the Illinois Institute of Technology. He earned his B.A. in English in 1987.
In 1987, Galhotra became interested in politics, and he worked as a poll-watcher for the Harold Washington. He also began law school at the Chicago-Kent College of Law. He earned his J.D. in 1990.
Galhotra has worked as a public defender in Cook County since 1990. He has worked in Juvenile Court and in Circuit Court trying 55 trials to verdict, including capital cases and other serious felonies. He is also an Attorney Supervisor of the Homicide Task Force.
Galhotra submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I believe in getting smarter on crime, having a fair funding system for our public schools and providing a constitutionally valid solution to our pension obligations. I believe the voters should decide on whether we should have a graduated income tax in Illinois.||”|
- See also: Illinois State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Illinois State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place March 18, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 2, 2013. Incumbent Don Harmon defeated Bob Galhotra in the Democratic primary and will face Bruce Samuels (G) in the general election.
|Illinois State Senate, District 39 Democratic Primary, 2014|
|Don Harmon Incumbent||82.1%||9,890|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Galhotra + Illinois + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Facebook: Bob Galgotra for State Senate, About," accessed February 2, 2014
- Information submitted on Ballotpedia’s biographical information submission form on January 28, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Illinois Board of Elections, "General Primary Election Official Canvass," April 18, 2014
- Illinois Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014