For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Former candidate for|
|Governor of Pennsylvania|
|Bachelor's||Georgetown University (1966)|
Guzzardi is a lawyer and earned his B.A. from Georgetown University.
Following the primary filing deadline on March 11, the signatures that Guzzardi's campaign had collected to get on the primary ballot were challenged by four unidentified petitioners supported by the Republican Party of Pennsylvania. These petitioners were trying to get enough signatures thrown out so that incumbent Republican Governor Tom Corbett would not face a primary challenge. This petition was rejected in court and Guzzardi retained his ballot position for the time being. Four Republicans, including one from the State Committee, appealed to the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and, while the signatures remained intact, a secondary pleading succeeded.
On May 1, 2014, Guzzardi was stricken from the Republican primary ballot by order of the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The majority on the court, overturning the decision of the lower Commonwealth Court, found that Guzzardi had failed to "meet a deadline for filing a statement of financial interests" with the State Ethics Commission and his campaign filing therefore "possessed a 'fatal defect.'" Two dissenting justices noted that Guzzardi had missed the deadline because an employee of the Pennsylvania Department of State had told him, after he filed the identical form with the Department of State, that he didn't need to file with the State Ethics Commission as well.
|“||I agree with the Commonwealth Court that what occurred here was a breakdown in the administrative process. To strike this candidate's name from the ballot is akin to denying candidates their right to appear on the ballot under circumstances where there was some accident or natural disaster preventing candidates from entering the filing office.||”|
—Pennsylvania Supreme Court Justice Max Baer, In Re: Nom. Pet. of Robert Guzzardi Dissenting Statement
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Guzzardi + Pennsylvania + Governor"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- The Republic, "Conservative activist Bob Guzzardi says he aims to challenge Corbett in Pa. GOP primary," December 31, 2013
- About Bob Guzzardi, December 31, 2013
- TribLive, "Judge says Corbett primary challenger can stay on ballot, appeal planned," April 16, 2014
- PennLive, "Pa. Supreme Court ousts Guzzardi from GOP ballot in governor's race," May 1, 2014
- PennLive, "Corbett challenger Robert Guzzardi will stay on Republican primary ballot," April 15, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
State of Pennsylvania
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Secretary of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Secretary of Conservation and Natural Resources | Secretary of Labor & Industry | Chairman of Public Utilities |