|Louisiana House Of Representatives District 47|
|May 10, 2011-Present|
|January 11, 2016|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$6,000/year for expenses; $149/day per diem|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 19, 2011|
|First elected||April 30, 2011|
|Next election||November 3, 2015|
|Term limits||3 terms (12 years)|
|Bachelor's||University of Louisiana at Lafayette|
Hensgens served as Mayor of Gueydan, LA.
Hensgens earned his B.A. in Business Administration from the University of Louisiana at Lafayette. His professional experience includes working as a managing partner of MH3F HealthCare.
In the 2012-2013 legislative session, Hensgens served on the following committees:
- Agriculture, Forestry, Aquaculture and Rural Development, Vice Chair
- Health and Welfare
- Joint Legislative Budget Committee
In the 2010-2011 legislative session, Hensgens served on the following committees:
On his 2011 campaign Facebook page, Hensgens outlined his policy platform:
- "My christian values guide our family every day. I am 100% pro life and committed to protect the unborn. I am pro gun and a hunter. I will fight to protect the rights of the culture of our community. Defending our land against erosion and salt water intrusion, demanding the right to drill. We must protect our economy and way of life... I will fight to keep government out of the way of business, while providing the necessary infrastructure to get the job done... My roots run deep in both Vermilion and Cameron Parish, therefore I understand the needs of its people. I will fight the same fight that I have as Mayor of Gueydan."
On October 22, 2011, Hensgens won re-election to District 47 of the Louisiana House of Representatives. He ran unopposed in the October 22 primary, assuring his re-election.
|Louisiana House of Representatives Special Election, District 47 (2011)|
|Bob Hensgens (R)||3,477|
|Linda Hardee (R)||3,165|
In 2011, Hensgens received $149,241 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Louisiana House of Representatives 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Hensgens's campaign in 2011|
|Hensgens, Craig (Bob)||$83,701|
|Republican Legislative Delegation Campaign Cmte Of Louisiana||$2,500|
|N R Broussard Landing Inc||$2,500|
|Bobby Jindal Campaign Comm||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$149,241|
Hensgens has a wife, Nancy. He served as President of the Gueydan Chamber of Commerce and Hospital Service Director for Vermilion Parish Hospital Service District 3.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bob + Hensgens + Louisiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- ↑ Vermillion Today, "Hensgens sworn in as Louisiana legislator," May 14, 2011
- ↑ Daily Journal, "Republican Bob Hensgens wins special primary election for open Acadiana-area La. House seat," April 30, 2011
- ↑ Louisiana Secretary of State, "April 30, 2011 special election results," accessed August 24, 2011
- ↑ Follow the Money - 2011 contributions
- ↑ Campaign Facebook, "Info"
State of Louisiana
Baton Rouge (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | State Treasurer | Superintendent of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture and Forestry | Secretary of Natural Resources | Executive Director of the Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Service Commission |