Bob Jauch recall, Wisconsin State Senate (2012)
Jauch was targeted by conservative group Citizens for Responsible Government after he voted against a proposed mining bill. In a press release, Jauch said of CRG, "They don't care about jobs or responsible mining policy. The only contact they have had with my office has been harassing, costly and time consuming open record requests. They just want to send a message that they will threaten to recall a public official who happens to dare to disagree with them."
- March 19: Conservative group Citizens for Responsible Government files recall paperwork with the Wisconsin Government Accountability Board.
- May 11: A CRG Network affiliate announces the recall effort has been suspended.
Path to the ballot
Recall organizers needed to turn in 15,270 valid signatures by May 17 in order to force a recall.
On May 11, 2012, a Hayward affiliate of the Citizens for Responsible Government announced they would be suspending the recall drive, stating "the group intends to focus its resources to retain Governor Scott Walker and Lieutenant Governor Rebecca Kleefisch in the upcoming recall elections."
They promised more information about the future of the recall following the recall elections on June 5, 2012.
- Timeline of events of the recall of Wisconsin State Senators in 2012
- Recall campaigns in Wisconsin
- Political recall efforts, 2012
- Laws governing recall in Wisconsin
- Scott Walker recall, Wisconsin (2012)
- Rebecca Kleefisch recall, Wisconsin (2012)
- Recall of Wisconsin State Senators (2011)
- Van Wanggaard recall, Wisconsin State Senate (2012)
- Terry Moulton recall, Wisconsin State Senate (2012)
- Pam Galloway recall, Wisconsin State Senate (2012)
- ↑ Green Bay Press Gazette, "Citizens For Responsible Government Network plans to recall 2 state senators over mine vote," March 19, 2012
- ↑ Wisconsin Government Accountability Board, "Recall Bob Jauch Committee," accessed March 20, 2012
- ↑ Ashland Current, "Jauch Calls Recall Group Disreputable," May 11, 2012
- ↑ WQOW, "Senator Jauch responds to recall announcement," March 19, 2012
- ↑ FOX 21 News, "Jauch Recall Efforts Move Forward," April 20, 2012
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 Ashland Current, "Jauch Recall Suspended, Announcement Says," May 11, 2012