Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Iowa State Senate District 4|
|Bachelor's||Western Illinois University|
|Date of birth||April 8, 1961|
|(dead link) Campaign website|
Jennings currently works as an Information Director for Algona Municipal Utilities. He attended Western Illinois University, receiving a Bachelor's degree in Mass Communications.
Jennings' website highlights the following campaign themes:
Jobs and Economic Growth
- Excerpt:"I believe its time to stop chasing smokestacks and start chasing the entrepreneurial spirit that is part of every Iowan. Iowa's economic development and tax policies need to become smarter so that Iowan's can create the smart jobs of the 21st century."
- Excerpt:"If fortunate to win the support to be your next District 4 Senator, I will fight to make sure critical job creation programs like these are preserved in the state budget."
Property Tax Reform
- Excerpt:"We need to expand our business base and retain existing businesses in our area by providing tax credits that would lower their property taxes to residential rates. This would free up funds for small businesses so they can hire additional employees. New employees would expand the tax base to help maintain services. "
- Excerpt:"Without good roads, efforts to attract new businesses to our area will crumble. We need to make sure proper financing is available to make infrastructure improvements."
- See also: Iowa State Senate elections, 2012
Jennings ran in the 2012 election for Iowa State Senate District 4. He ran unopposed in the Democratic primary on June 5, 2012, and was defeated by Dennis Guth (R) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Iowa State Senate, District 4, General Election, 2012|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bob + Jennings + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website (dead link)
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Bob Jennings on Facebook