|Former candidate for|
|Washington House of Representatives, District 21b|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Grocery store management|
After working as a shop steward with SEIU Local 6 and UFCW 21, Lewis is now a manager of a family-owned grocery store.
Additionally, Lewis is a social justice blogger. He runs is own blog and is a contributor to two other blogs.
Lewis's campaign website highlights the following issues:
- Excerpt: "There are two types of people in this country: those that believe there is nothing wrong with our justice system, and those that have had any contact with it whatsoever."
Protecting the Environment
- Excerpt: "As Washingtonians, we are privileged to live in an area replete with such natural beauty."
- Excerpt: "Our government must work to protect the rights of all of its citizens."
Building a Sustainable Economy
- Excerpt: "We need to look forward and meet the challenges of the coming decades at both the local and global level."
Reduce Income Inequality
- Excerpt: "Do you want to know the quickest way to reduce violent crime? Reduce income inequality."
Elections for all 49 districts (98 seats) in the Washington House of Representatives took place in 2014. A blanket primary election took place on August 5, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was May 17, 2014. Incumbent Lillian Ortiz-Self (D) and Jeff Scherrer (R) defeated Ed Wegner (I) and Bob Lewis (Green) in the primary. Ortiz-Self defeated Scherrer in the general election.
|Washington House of Representatives, District 21b General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Lillian Ortiz-Self Incumbent||58.6%||21,554|
In 2014, Lewis's endorsements include the following:
- Mike LaPointe
- I-1329 Wamend
- Green Party of Snohomish County
- Green Party of Washington State
- Green Party of the United States
- Green Party of Seattle
- Progressive Party of Washington State
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bob + Lewis + Washington + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Washington State Legislature
- Washington state legislative districts
- Washington House of Representatives
- Washington House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "2014 Candidates Who Have Filed," accessed May 20, 2014
- Lewis 4 Leg, "About," accessed May 26, 2014
- Lewis 4 Leg. 21, "Platform," accessed July 15, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "August 5, 2014 Primary Results," accessed August 5, 2014
- Washington Secretary of State, "Official general election results, 2014," accessed December 2, 2014
- Lewis 4 Leg. 21, "Endorsements," accessed July 15, 2014
State of Washington
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Commissioner of Public Lands | Director of Labor and Industries | Chairman of Utilities and Transportation |