|Indiana House of Representatives|
|November 16, 2010 - Present|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||4|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|Profession||Owner, Healthkick Nutrition Centers|
Morris earned his B.S. from Indiana University. His professional experience includes owning and operating Healthkick Nutrition Centers.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Morris served on the following committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Commerce, Small Business and Economic Development|
|• Employment, Labor and Pensions|
|• Environmental Affairs, Vice-chair|
|• Natural Resources|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Morris served on these committees:
|Indiana Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Labor and Employment|
|• Environmental Affairs, Vice-chair|
|• Roads and Transportation|
Elections for the office of Indiana House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 7, 2014. Fred Haigh was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Bob Morris defeated Michael Barranda in the Republican primary. Haigh will face Morris in the general election.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 84 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Bob Morris Incumbent||51.7%||3,755|
Morris won re-election in the 2012 election for Indiana House of Representatives District 84. Morris ran unopposed in the May 8 Republican primary and defeated Lee Jordan (D) and James Hanson (L) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 84, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Bob Morris Incumbent||60.1%||18,193|
In the May 4th primary, Morris ran unopposed.
|Indiana House of Representatives, District 84 General Election (2010)|
|Bob Morris (R)||12,420|
|Evan Smith (D)||5,865|
Comprehensive donor information for Morris is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Morris raised a total of $38,809 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 10, 2013.
|Bob Morris's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Indiana State House, District 84||$31,610|
|2010||Indiana State House, District 84||$7,199|
|Grand Total Raised||$38,809|
2012Morris won re-election to the Indiana House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Morris raised a total of $31,610.
|Indiana House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Morris's campaign in 2012|
|Northeast Indiana for Better Government||$6,000|
|American Electric Power||$2,000|
|Ziherl, Stan G||$1,200|
|Associated Builders & Contractors of Indiana||$1,000|
|Indiana Trial Lawyers Association||$1,000|
|Total Raised in 2012||$31,610|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010, Morris raised $7,199 in contributions.
No contributions to his campaign were of $1,000 or more.
Morris and his wife, Erin, have five children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term Bob + Morris + Indiana + Legislature
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Indiana State Legislature
- Indiana House of Representatives
- Indiana House Committees
- Indiana state legislative districts
- House of Representatives - Bob Morris
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election candidate list," accessed February 10, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "List of May 8, 2012, primary candidates," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, “Election Results – Indiana General Election, November 6, 2012,” accessed January 24, 2013
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official General Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- Indiana Secretary of State, "2010 Official Primary Election Results," accessed March 6, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Morris, Bob," accessed September 10, 2013
- Follow the Money, "2010 contributions," accessed December 23, 2013
|Indiana House of Representatives District 84
| Succeeded by|
State of Indiana
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | State Examiner | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture | Director of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utility Regulatory Commission |