|Ohio State Senate District 17|
|January 1, 2017|
|Years in position||2|
|Elections and appointments|
|First elected||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 8, 2016|
|Term limits||2 consecutive terms|
|Ohio House District 85|
|2011 - 2012|
|Fayette County Commissioner|
|1996 - 2010|
|Bachelor's||Ohio State University|
Peterson represented District 85 in the Ohio House of Representatives from 2011 to 2012. He served as Fayette County Commissioner from 1996 to 2010.
Peterson earned his bachelor's degree from Ohio State University. His professional experience includes managing the Peterson Family Farm.
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Peterson served on the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Energy and Natural Resources|
|• Insurance and Financial Institutions|
|• Ways and Means|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Peterson was appointed to the following committees:
|Ohio Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Agriculture and Natural Resources|
|• Finance and Appropriations|
|• Public Utilities|
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Ohio State Senate will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 6, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 5, 2014. Incumbent Bob Peterson was unopposed in the Republican primary and is unchallenged in the general election.
- See also: Ohio State Senate elections, 2012
Peterson won re-election in the 2012 election for Ohio Senate, District 17. Peterson was appointed to the position after the primary took place in March 2012. Because of this, no primary was held for the District 17 seat. However, Peterson was up for re-election on the general election ballot on November 6, 2012.
|Ohio State Senate, District 17, General Election, 2012|
|Ohio House of Representatives, District 85|
|Bob Peterson (R)||19,007||55.32%|
|Raymond Pryor (D)||15,352||44.68%|
Comprehensive donor information for Peterson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Peterson raised a total of $841,110 during that time period. This information was last updated on September 20, 2013.
|Bob Peterson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Ohio State Senate , District 17||$172,404|
|2010||Ohio State House, District 85||$668,706|
|Grand Total Raised||$841,110|
2012Peterson won election to the Ohio State Senate in 2012. During that election cycle, Peterson raised a total of $172,404.
|Ohio State Senate 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Peterson's campaign in 2012|
|Ragan, Ginni D||$11,000|
|Ohio Association of Realtors||$7,000|
|Republican Senate Campaign Cmte of Ohio||$6,670|
|Ohio Farm Bureau||$6,670|
|Total Raised in 2012||$172,404|
|Source:Follow the Money|
In 2010 Peterson had raised $663,262.
Listed below are the largest contributors.
|OHIO HOUSE REPUBLICAN ORGANIZATIONAL CMTE||$468,663|
|OHIO REPUBLICAN PARTY||$74,785|
|RICHARDSON, JOHN G||$11,000|
|SEGAL, RICHARD R||$10,000|
Peterson and his wife, Lisa, have three children. They currently reside in Sabina, Ohio.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Peterson + Ohio + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Ohio State Senate
- Senate Committees
- Ohio General Assembly
- Joint Committees
- Ohio state legislative districts
- Profile from the Ohio State Senate
- Profile from Open States
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign contributions: 2012, 2010
- Pike County News Watchman, "Peterson sworn In as member of Ohio Senate," March 22, 2012
- Project Vote Smart, "Biography of Sen. Bob Peterson," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Official primary election results for May 6, 2014," accessed July 3, 2014
- Confirmed via phone with Ohio's Secretary of State office
- Ohio Chamber of Commerce, "2012 General Assembly Primary Candidates," January 17, 2012
- Ohio Secretary of State, "Ohio official results for 2012 General Election," accessed June 10, 2014
- Ohio Secretary of State, "State Representative: Results for general election on November 2, 2010," accessed June 11, 2014
- followthemoney.org, "Peterson, Bob," accessed September 20, 2013
- Follow the Money, "Report on 2010 campaign contributions," accessed June 11, 2014
David T. Daniels
|Ohio State Senate District 17
| Succeeded by|
Raymond Pryor (D)
|Ohio House of Representatives District 85
| Succeeded by|