For status updates, visit lucyburns.org.
Ballotpedia's coverage of elections held on March 3, 2015, was limited. Select races were covered live, and all results will be added once the merger is complete.
|Virginia House of Delegates District 82|
|1986 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||Old Dominion University|
|Date of birth||07/13/1934|
|Place of birth||Parsons, WV|
Purkey earned his B.S. in Business Administration and Economics from Old Dominion University in 1965. He attended Wharton School of Business at the University of Pennsylvania. Purkey works for Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner and Smith, Incorporated, where he is currently First Vice-President/Resident Manager.
Purkey's answers to the Virginia State Legislative Election 2007 National Political Awareness Test are available. In the test he listed his top priorities as "Allow Virginia's Gov to serve 2 consecutive terms," and "Establish Uninsured Healthcare Fund paid for by employers who make deductions from employe's wages who do not have health insurance matching funds to State who then redistribute to Hospitals an Doctors who provide medical care for the uninsured."
In the 2012-2013 session, Purkey served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Purkey served on the following committees:
- HB 1614 Alcoholic beverages; penalty for possession of open container of alcohol in a motor vehicle.
- HB 1740 Campaign Finance Disclosure Act of 2006; unlawful to convert any contributed money to personal use.
- HB 2085 Government, local; budget shall contain statement of current & proposed total debt.
On November 8, 2011, Purkey won re-election to District 82 of the Virginia House of Delegates. He was uncontested in the August 23 primary and ran unopposed in the November 8 general election.Cite error: Closing
</ref> missing for
In 2009, Purkey was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District 82 (2009)|
|Bob Purkey (R)||12,768|
|Peter Schmidt (D)||7,426|
|John Parmele (I)||940|
Delegate Purkey speaking
In 2011, Purkey received $58,903 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Purkey's campaign in 2011|
|Cheng, Richard & Nancy||$2,500|
|Virginia Bankpac State PAC Checking||$2,000|
|Virginia Maritime Association||$1,500|
|Total Raised in 2011||$58,903|
The top 5 donors to Purkey's 2009 campaign:
|Dominion Leadership Trust||$10,749|
|Virginia Dental Association||$3,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$3,000|
Purkey and his wife, Sonja, have three children. They currently reside in Virginia Beach, Virginia. Purkey sits on the board of the Virginia Aquarium and Marine Science Museum and the Tidewater Automobile Association.
- Campaign website
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Facebook page
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Purkey Issue Positions
- Bill Tracking - Legislation as Chief Patron
- Follow the Money, "Virginia House of Delegates 2009 General Election Results," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2011 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- Follow the Money, "2009 Campaign Contributions," accessed May 15, 2014
- Project Vote Smart - Delegate Purkey
|Virginia House of Delegates District 82
| Succeeded by|
Bill R. DeSteph, Jr (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |