|U.S. Senate, Iowa|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Whitewater High School|
|Bachelor's||St. Ambrose University|
|Master's||University of Iowa|
In 1992, Quast earned his B.A. from St. Ambrose University in accounting and business administration with a concentration in finance. He minored in economics and French. He later went on to attend the University of Iowa to earn an M.B.A. in 1999.
Quast has worked in the energy sector for 24 years. He is also the owner of a custom limousine and exotic car company. Additionally, he worked as adjunct professor of accounting at St. Ambrose University.
Quast submitted the following statement to Ballotpedia:
|“||I am fiscally conservative and believe our federal government must address its unbalanced budget - raising revenue and cutting waste. I am against long wars, but believe firmly in a strong military. We must do far better taking care of our brave soldiers and retired veterans. We should help those in need, while leaving the majority of Americans alone. As an example, the health insurance mandate has hurt more Iowans and Americans than it could ever help; this law must be corrected. I am a true environmentalist, not an extremist. Responsible development of all forms of American energy is the key to ending the Great Recession; energy careers are high paying, often union protected, and these jobs cannot be exported overseas.||”|
Quast lives in Davenport, Iowa, with his wife, Becky. They have three children.
In 2011, Quast published a book about the murder of his sister.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bob + Quast + Iowa + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- LinkedIn: "Bob Quast," accessed March 9, 2014
- Des Moines Register, "Long-shot Iowa U.S. Senate candidate flashes gun and knife in ad meant to have 'sense of humor'," accessed April 9, 2014
- Iowa Secretary of State, "Candidate Listing by Office," accessed March 15, 2014
- Information submitted through Ballotpedia's biographical submission form on February 27, 2014]
- Facebook: "Bob Quast 2014, About," accessed March 9, 2014
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
Cite error: Invalid