|Virginia House of Delegates District 85|
|1984 - 2014|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 8, 2011|
|Bachelor's||University of Virginia|
|Master's||University of Virginia|
|Service/branch||United States Army|
|Years of service||2|
|Place of birth||Detroit, MI|
Tata earned his B.S. and M.S. from the University of Virginia. His professional experience includes working as a high school counselor and coach. He served in the United States Army from 1954 to 1956.
In the 2012-2013 session, Tata served on the following committees:
In the 2010-2011 session, Tata served on the following committees:
- Education, Chair
- Elementary and Secondary Education Subcommittee, Chair
- Compensation and Retirement Subcommittee
- General Government Subcommittee
- Transportation Subcommittee
- Subcommittee #1
- HB 1689 Illegal aliens; fraudulently assisting, penalty.
- HB 1922 Civics Education, Commission on; move from executive to legislative branch, may seek other funding.
- HB 2515 Workers' Compensation Act; increases maximum tax rate that may be assessed on uninsured, etc.
In 2009, Tata was re-elected to the Virginia House of Delegates.
|Virginia House of Delegates General Election, District (2009)|
|Bob Tata (R)||15,035|
|French Mackes, Jr. (D)||3,413|
Delegate Tata speaking on the House floor
In 2011, Tata received $75,662 in campaign donations. The top contributors are listed below.
|Virginia House of Delegates 2011 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Bob Tata's campaign in 2011|
|Alpha Natural Resources||$2,000|
|Virginia Hospital & Healthcare Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Bankers Association||$2,000|
|Total Raised in 2011||$75,662|
The top 5 donors to Tata's 2009 campaign:
|Virginia Dental Association||$2,000|
|Virginia Automobile and Truck Dealers Association||$1,285|
|Tidewater Builders Association||$1,000|
|Virginia Healthcare Association||$1,000|
Tata and his wife, Martha, have three children.
- Legislative profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Campaign Contributions:2009, 2007, 2005, 2003, 2001, 1999
- Virginia Public Access Project profile
- Richmond Sunlight profile
- Delegate Tata Facebook profile
|Virginia House of Delegates District 85
| Succeeded by|
Scott W. Taylor (R)
State of Virginia
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of Public Accounts | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor and Industry | Chairman of State Corporation Commission |