|Former candidate for|
|Michigan State Senate, District 14|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
Walton's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Good government - Transparency - Ethics
- Excerpt: "Bobbie believes that good government starts with leadership that’s open and transparent about the decisions that impact us. Bobbie will use her extensive experience as a government specialist and a community activist to bring ethics back to Lansing."
Quality, student-centered public education
- Excerpt: "Public schools have been under constant attack at the hands of the current administration. Our Legislature has cut more than $2 billion from our public schools in favor of big business tax handouts. Bobbie knows that a healthy economy relies on investing in education and will work tirelessly to help our community’s schools."
Respect and Dignity for Michigan’s Women
- Excerpt: "Bobbie has spent her life working to protect women’s health care rights and promote the policies that will help women succeed in school and on the job. Bobbie will stand up to those currently in Lansing that have tried to silence the voices of Michigan women and will bring dignity back to the Michigan Senate."
- See also: Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
Elections for the office of Michigan State Senate took place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. Bobbie Walton defeated Tim Terpening in the Democratic primary. Incumbent David Robertson was unopposed in the Republican primary. Robertson defeated Walton in the general election.
|Michigan State Senate, District 14 General Election, 2014|
|Republican||David Robertson Incumbent||57.6%||46,826|
|Michigan State Senate, District 14 Democratic Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Walton's endorsements included the following:
- Pegge Adams, Commissioner for District 9 on the Genesee County Board of Commissioners
- Isaiah Oliver, Flint School Board President
- Doug Norton, retired educator and president of Citizens Against Government Overreach
- Citizens Against Government Overreach
- The Teachers and School Personnel of the Michigan Education Association (MEA) of Region 10
- The United Auto Workers, Region 1D
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bobbie + Walton + Michigan + Senate"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan State Senate
- Michigan State Senate District 14
- Michigan State Senate elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Bobbie Walton on Facebook
- Bobbie Walton on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, “2014 Unofficial Michigan Primary Candidate Listing,” accessed May 1, 2014
- waltonforsenate.com, "Issues," accessed June 18, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed August 6, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "State Senator," accessed December 5, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- waltonforsenate.com, "Endorsements," accessed June 18, 2014