Bobby D. Mills
|Former candidate for|
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 14|
|High school||Jacksonville High School|
|Bachelor's||North Carolina State University|
|Master's||London School of Economics|
Mills earned his B.S. in Economics from North Carolina State University and his Master’s Degree in Economic History from the London School of Economics. His professional experience includes working as Assistant Basketball Coach at Onslow County Schools and General Manager at Bob's Auto Center.
Mills's campaign website highlighted the following issues:
Jobs & Economy
- Excerpt: "Bobby Mills understands what it takes for businesses to grow and prosper. The first step to get businesses hiring again is to get the government out of the way. In Raleigh, Bobby will support Onslow County’s business community and work to cut back on burdensome regulations. He will stay true to our conservative principles by supporting lower corporate taxes and pro-business legislation."
Taxes & Spending
- Excerpt: "As our conservative voice in Raleigh, Bobby Mills will never support a tax increase on hard working families. Bobby believes the more money families keep, the better. Taxpayers know how to spend their money better than the government does. Bobby will support conservative legislation that helps reduce our individual tax burden."
- Excerpt: "Bobby Mills supports our teachers and the hard work they do preparing our children for college and life. As our Representative, Bobby will continue to support them and vote for legislation that funds the classroom and not the bureaucracy. He believes money is better spent when it goes directly to the classroom so our teachers are best equipped to educate our children."
- Excerpt: "North Carolina’s infrastructure was once the best in the southeast. Today, it’s a different story. Bobby Mills believes North Carolina needs to heavily invest in our roads and bridges to ensure families are safe when traveling. This is one of our state’s most basic responsibilities and as our conservative voice in Raleigh, Bobby will fight for better infrastructure."
- Excerpt: "As a conservative, Bobby Mills does not support government run healthcare. Instead, Bobby believes the free market works best and people should be free to choose a plan that works best for them and their family. Bobby supports allowing people to use their pretax income to purchase their health plans and he supports “flexible benefits” which allows individuals and families to select health coverage that best fits their needs."
Elections for the office of North Carolina House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 6, 2014. The general election took place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was February 28, 2014. Incumbent George Cleveland defeated Bobby D. Mills in the Republican primary and was unchallenged in the general election.
|North Carolina House of Representatives, District 14 Republican Primary, 2014|
|Bobby D. Mills||44.8%||2,474|
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bobby + Mills + North + Carolina + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- North Carolina House of Representatives
- North Carolina State Legislature
- North Carolina House of Representatives elections, 2014
- North Carolina House of Representatives District 14
- Official campaign website
- Bobby Mills on Facebook
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official primary candidate list
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, Official general election candidate list
- Official campaign website, "Bio," accessed April 18, 2014
- Official campaign website, "Issues," accessed April 18, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "Primary Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed March 7, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "General Election Candidate List Grouped by Contest," accessed August 12, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "05/06/2014 Official Primary Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
- North Carolina State Board of Elections, "11/04/2014 Official General Election Results - Statewide," accessed December 5, 2014
State of North Carolina
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | State Auditor | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Secretary of Environment and Natural Resources | Commissioner of Labor | Chairman of Utilities |