|Alabama State Senate District 24|
|November 5, 2014|
|Years in position||8|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 2, 2010|
|First elected||January 25, 2005|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Alabama House of Representatives|
|Bachelor's||Alabama State University|
|J.D.||Miles College School of Law|
Singleton received a B.S. from Alabama State University and a J.D. from Miles Law School
Singleton served on these committees in the 2011-2012 legislative session:
- Agriculture, Conservation and Forestry Committee
- Energy and Natural Resources Committee
- Finance and Taxation General Fund Committee
- Tourism and Marketing Committee
Gambling bill controversy
Singleton has been accused of accepting a $25,000 payment in exchange for killing an anti-gambling bill. Senator Harri Anne Smith introduced the bill in April 2008, which would have killed the Country Crossing project by denying it funds from electronic bingo. Representatives Gilley and Massey from the Country Crossing project claimed that Smith changed her mind about the bill and contacted Massey, seeking his help. He then claims that he went to Singleton, the chair of the Tourism and Marketing Committee, to attempt to convince him to let the bill die, and that he agreed to do so for $25,000. Both Smith and Singleton deny having any contact with either Gilley or Massey.
- See also: Alabama State Senate elections, 2010
Singleton won re-election to the 24th District Seat in 2010. He had no opposition in the November 2 general election.
Singleton raised $378,023 for his campaign.
|Alabama State Senate, District 24 (2006)|
|Bobby Singleton (D)||10,663|
|James E. Carter (R)||1,704|
In 2010, Singleton raised $283,500 in contributions. 
His five largest contributors were:
|Alabama Education Association||$25,000|
|North Port Health Services||$10,000|
In 2006, Singleton collected $378,023 in donations.
His four largest contributors in 2006 were:
|Alabama Education Association||$42,500|
Singleton resides in Greensboro, Alabama.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bobby + Singleton + Alabama + Senate". Because the results are from a google search, it is possible that some of the links below are not actually related to the legislator.
- Lawmakers: Change judicial campaign law - Times Daily
- Poarch Band of Creek Indians contributes $350000 to political campaigns - Montgomery Advertiser
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
- Official Alabama State Senate website of Senator Bobby Singleton
- Project Vote Smart legislative profile
- Project Vote Smart biography of Senator Bobby D. Singleton (AL)
- Campaign Contributions: 2010, 2006, 2002
- ↑ TheRepublic.com "Ala. state senator denies gambling testimony claiming he sought $25K payoff to kill proposal," July 17, 2011
- ↑ Statewide general election results
- ↑ 2006 election results, Alabama
- ↑ Alabama Senate spending, 2006
- ↑ 2005 District 24 election results, Alabama
- ↑ 2010 contributions
- ↑ 2006 contributions to Bobby Singleton
|Alabama House of Representatives
| Succeeded by|
Charles Steele, Jr.
|Alabama State Senate District 24
| Succeeded by|