|Texas House of Representatives, District 8|
|Place of birth||Tyler, Texas|
|Profession||Small business owner|
Vickery's professional experience includes owning Texas Environmental Training & Compliance, a company that trains landfill operators, and working as general manager of Republic Waste Services.
Vickery's campaign weblog highlighted the following campaign issues:
Excerpt: "Pass an E-verify bill and a Sanctuary City bill. This is a start. We need to establish a simple, prudent Guest Worker program. The guest worker must pay taxes and must obey the laws of our nation and our state."
Excerpt: "The Federal Government has to get out of the way of teaching our kids. We rely too much on the Federal funds and therefore, they are in control of how our education system works. We need more money going to the classroom, not to “other non-education” activities. No Child Left Behind has been taken off course from its original intent. We need to have two paths for our kids; Academia (College Bound) or Vocational (Trade School). Not all kids are college bound.... I will propose a bill that eliminates the School Property taxes, by increasing the Sales (Consumption) Tax rates."
Excerpt: "It was not the intent of our Founding Fathers to provide the general welfare, but to promote the general welfare. This means limited government. Giving something to someone who does not earn it means taking it from someone who did earn it. Proverbs says, “A lazy man will not eat”. I will propose a bill that requires anyone on an entitlement payment must take a drug test. Be perfectly clear, a benefit is earned; an entitlement is not earned."
Elections for the office of Texas House of Representatives will consist of a primary election on March 4, 2014, and a general election on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was December 9, 2013. Incumbent Byron Cook defeated Bobby Vickery and Charles Morgan in the Republican primary. John Wilford is running as a Libertarian.
|Texas House of Representatives District 8 Republican Primary, 2012|
|Byron Cook Incumbent||62%||9,600|
In 2012, Vickery's endorsements included the following:
- Young Conservatives of Texas
Vickery and his wife, Milly, have two children. Vickery is a former county Republican precinct chair and district school board member.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Bobby + Vickery + Texas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- Official campaign website
- Bobby Vickery on Facebook
- Bobby Vickery on Twitter
- Bobby Vickery on WordPress
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from The Texas Tribune
- Facebook, "Bobby Vickery for State Representative - About," accessed February 17, 2014
- Bobby Vickery Campaign, "Issues," October 31, 2013. Accessed February 17, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 March Primary Election Candidate Filings by County", accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Democratic Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State, "2014 Republican Party Primary Election," accessed March 4, 2014
- Texas Secretary of State - 2012 Election and Candidate Information
- Texas Secretary of State, "1992 - Current Election History," accessed February 17, 2014
- Office of the (Texas) Secretary of State, "Race Summary Report," accessed July 12, 2012
- GOP Is For Me, "YCT Endorses Bobby Vickery In House District 8 Over Incumbent Byron Cook," January 21, 2012. Accessed February 17, 2014
State of Texas
|State executive offices||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Secretary of State | Attorney General | Comptroller | State Auditor | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Commissioner of Agriculture | Commissioner of General Land Office | Chairman of Workforce Commission | Chairman of Public Utilities | Chairman of Railroad Commission |
List of Counties |
List of Cities |
Texas school districts A - L |
Texas school districts M - Z |