Boulder County Crestview Estates District Bond (November 2011)
This measure was defeated
- YES 21 (13.13%)
- NO 139 (86.88%)
This measure sought to issue a bond in the amount of $871,560 in order to pay for repairing paved roads in the district area. The repayment of these bonds would have be paid through additional property taxes on residents in the district areas. Some residents in the area noted that the roads were not that bad and did not see the need for the bond and others felt that the County rushed the measure on to the ballot.
Text of measure
The question on the ballot:
|SHALL BOULDER COUNTY DEBT (FOR CRESTVIEW ESTATES BOULDER COUNTY LOCAL IMPROVEMENT DISTRICT) BE INCREASED $871,560.80, WITH A REPAYMENT COST OF $1,357,600, FOR THE PURPOSE OF REHABILITATING EXISTING PAVED ROADS, INCLUDING COSTS INCIDENTAL THERETO, AND THE ESTABLISHMENT OF RESERVES THEREFOR, BY THE ISSUANCE OF SPECIAL ASSESSMENT BONDS PAYABLE FROM SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS IMPOSED AGAINST BENEFITED PROPERTIES LOCATED WITHIN THE DISTRICT AND OTHER LEGALLY AVAILABLE FUNDS, WHICH BONDS SHALL BE ISSUED, DATED AND SOLD AT SUCH TIME OR TIMES AND IN SUCH MANNER AND CONTAIN SUCH TERMS, NOT INCONSISTENT HEREWITH, AS THE BOARD OF COUNTY COMMISSIONERS MAY DETERMINE; AND SHALL THE REVENUES FROM SUCH SPECIAL ASSESSMENTS AND ANY EARNINGS THEREON AND FROM THE INVESTMENT OF THE PROCEEDS OF SUCH BONDS CONSTITUTE A VOTER‐APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE?|
- Boulder County Elections, Unofficial Election Results
- Boulder County Elections, November Ballot Content
- Times-Call, "Boulder County commissioners consider creating road rehab districts," September 14, 2011
- Longmont Times-Call, "Boulder County subdivision residents criticize road repaving bond proposals," October 27, 2011
- Note: This text is quoted verbatim from the original source. Any inconsistencies are attributed to the original source.