Boyd Jay Petersen
|Boyd Jay Petersen|
Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Utah House of Representatives District 64|
Petersen's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
Jobs and the Economy
- Excerpt:"Like most Americans, Boyd is deeply concerned about our current economic situation. He believes that in order for Utah to remain economically healthy we need jobs in all sectors of the economy."
Quality Public Education
- Excerpt:"He will focus his attention on three goals: reducing class size, increasing per-pupil spending, and raising teachers’ salaries."
Energy and the Environment
- Excerpt:"He understands the importance of developing the resources we have while at the same time working toward clean, more efficient energy "
- Excerpt:"Families should not be forced to choose between feeding their children or taking them to a doctor, between paying their mortgage or paying for prescriptions."
Ethics in Government
- Excerpt:"Boyd will fight for ethics reform, legislation requiring personal and professional accountability from elected officials."
Petersen ran for election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 64. Petersen was unopposed in the June 26 Democratic primary and was defeated by incumbent Rebecca Lockhart (R) in the general election which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 64, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Rebecca Lockhart Incumbent||76.1%||6,989|
|Democratic||Boyd Jay Petersen||23.9%||2,193|
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Boyd Jay + Petersen + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
Extension:RSS -- Error: Not a valid URL: http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&gl=us&q=Boyd Jay+Petersen+Utah+House&um=1&ie=UTF-8&output=rss