Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|Kansas Commissioner of Education|
|July 1, 2015|
|Elections and appointments|
|Appointed by||Kansas State Board of Education|
|Profession||Deputy Kansas Commissioner of Education|
Neuenswander is a former superintendent of the Cheney and Ellis school districts. He worked seven years in the state department of education, serving as deputy commissioner for the last three leading up to his appointment as interim commissioner in April 2014.
Acting Kansas Commissioner of Education (2014-present)
Neuenswander was made Acting Commissioner of Education in April 2014. He is filling the role temporarily while the State Board of Education searches for a permanent replacement to former Commissioner Diane DeBacker. DeBacker resigned in 2014 to take a job as an education adviser in the United Arab Emirates.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brad + Neuenswander + Kansas + Education"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Superintendent of Schools
- Kansas Commissioner of Education
- Kansas school districts
- Kansas Department of Education
- The Topeka Capital-Journal, "Kansas Education Commissioner Diane DeBacker resigns for Abu Dhabi ed council," April 9, 2014
- The Wichita Eagle, "Kansas ed board meeting seeks opinions on qualities for new commissioner," May 22, 2014
- Kansas State Department of Education, "Press release: Highlights of the November Kansas State Board of Education Meeting," November 26, 2014
|Kansas Commissioner of Education
April 2014 - present
| Succeeded by|