Brad R. Wilson
|Brad R Wilson|
|Utah House of Representatives District 15|
|2011 - Present|
|January 1, 2015|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$96/day (lodging) |
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|First elected||November 2, 2010|
|Next election||November 4, 2014|
|Bachelor's||Weber State University|
|Profession||President and CEO, Destination Homes|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Business and Labor|
|• Economic Development and Workforce Services|
In the 2011-2012 legislative session, Wilson served on the following committees:
|Utah Committee Assignments, 2011|
|• Public Utilities and Technology|
Wilson's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt:"Spending needs to be in the classroom. Expenditures outside the classroom are increasing 61.43% faster than spending inside the classroom. This trend needs to be reversed."
- Excerpt:"As a legislator, I will do everything within my power to provide an infrastructure and system that promotes competition and the free flow of business so the great economic potential that exists in our state can be fully realized."
Representing You and Your Values
- Excerpt:"I will continue earn your trust through hard work, honesty and communication."
- Excerpt:"Improving education and maintaining a long-term focus on economic opportunity and vitality will ultimately lead to a more cohesive community and less crime."
- Excerpt:"I will support legislation that will fight to restore the integrity of our State’s and our Nation’s borders."
Wilson won re-election in the 2012 election for Utah House of Representatives District 15. Wilson was unopposed in the June 26 Republican primary and defeated Gibbs Smith (D) in the general election, which took place on November 6, 2012. 
|Utah House of Representatives, District 15, General Election, 2012|
|Republican||Brad Wilson Incumbent||80.9%||11,278|
|Utah House of Representatives, District 15 General Election (2010)|
|Brad R Wilson (R)||7,794|
|Sherri Tatton (D)||1,732|
Comprehensive donor information for Wilson is available dating back to 2010. Based on available campaign finance records, Wilson raised a total of $109,580 during that time period. This information was last updated on June 14, 2013.
|Brad R. Wilson's Campaign Contribution History|
|2012||Utah State House, District 15||$52,495|
|2010||Utah State House, District 15||$57,085|
|Grand Total Raised||$109,580|
2012Wilson won re-election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2012. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $52,495.
|Utah House of Representatives 2012 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brad R. Wilson's campaign in 2012|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$3,615|
|Utah Education Association||$2,500|
|Reagan Outdoor Advertising||$1,700|
|Utah Medical Association||$1,650|
|Total Raised in 2012||$52,495|
|Source:Follow the Money|
2010Wilson won election to the Utah House of Representatives in 2010. During that election cycle, Wilson raised a total of $57,085.
|Utah House of Representatives 2010 election - Campaign Contributions|
|Top contributors to Brad R. Wilson's campaign in 2010|
|Wilson, Brad R||$14,584|
|Utah League Of Credit Unions||$3,199|
|Killpack, Sheldon L||$3,000|
|Garn, Kevin S||$2,500|
|Utah Association Of Realtors||$2,500|
|Total Raised in 2010||$57,085|
|Source:Follow the Money|
The Sutherland Institute Scorecard
The Sutherland Institute, "a conservative public policy think tank" in Utah, releases its Scorecard for Utah State Representatives and Senators once a year. The Score Card gives each legislator a score based on how they voted in the prior legislative term on specific issues which the Sutherland Institute thought were pro-conservative policies.
Brad R. Wilson received a score of 77% in the 2012 scorecard.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brad + Wilson + Utah + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this legislator due to the nature of the search engine.
- National Basketball Association Game Capsules - Chicago Tribune
- Sinkhole Pulls In Fire Truck In California - Huffington Post
- Frustration grows over pace of prison relocation decision - ksl.com
- Legislative leaders frustrated over slowdown on prison relocation decision - Deseret News
- Song One, Camp X-Ray Among Sundance Films to Screen in January - Reel Life With Jane
- Rev. Melissa Skelton Elected Bishop Of New Westminster - Huffington Post Canada
- Weber legislator wants air-quality awareness campaign -- now - El Est
- Jim Steranko on 'Agents of SHIELD': Maximizing Surprises and Minimizing ... - Hollywood Reporter
- Journeymen - The Bozeman Daily Chronicle
- 113th Brawl of the Wild: It's game time - The Missoulian
<ref> tags exist, but no
<references/> tag was found
|Utah House of Representatives District 15
| Succeeded by|