Do you have a photo that could go here? Submit it for this profile by emailing us!
|California State Assembly, District 50|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Torgan's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Regulatory Reform
- Excerpt: "California can’t become a better place to do business until we understand that there is more to taxation than just direct out-of-pocket taxes. Over-regulation imposes “hidden taxes,” increasing the cost of goods and services to all Californians and too often hindering job creation."
- Pension Reform
- Excerpt: "California’s bipartisan Little Hoover Commission has warned that “California’s pension plans are dangerously underfunded, the result of overly generous benefit promises, wishful thinking and an unwillingness to plan prudently."
- Healthcare Reform
- Excerpt: "Health care is a conundrum for California — it is the best performing sector of our economy, but health care costs are also rising much faster than general inflation. We want to encourage continued growth in this sector, but at the same time we continue to make it harder on both large and small businesses performing in this sector."
- Education Reform
- Excerpt: "Control of K-12 education belongs in the local communities, not in Sacramento. True reform means returning curriculum and disciplinary control back to local districts."
- Marriage Equality
- Excerpt: "My support for marriage equality is consistent with my belief in limited government. If a couple wishes to enter to civil marriage — with the rights and responsibilities that come with it, the state should not expand its power to prevent it."
Elections for the office of California State Assembly will take place in 2014. A primary election took place June 3, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 7, 2014. Incumbent Richard Bloom (D) and Bradly S. Torgan (R) were unopposed in the blanket primary. Bloom will face Torgan in the general election.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Bradly + Torgan + California + Assembly"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- California State Assembly
- California State Assembly elections, 2014
- California State Legislature
- California State Assembly District 50
- Campaign website, Issues
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2014 Primary election candidate list," accessed March 27, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed July 15, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official primary candidate list," accessed March 13, 2014
- California Secretary of State, "Official 2012 Primary election results," accessed March 13, 2014