|Idaho House of Representatives District 10A|
|December 1, 2012-Present|
|December 1, 2014|
|Years in position||2|
|Per diem||$122/day outside Boise, $49/day otherwise|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 6, 2012|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
|High school||Salmon High School (2000)|
|Place of birth||Salmon, ID|
At the beginning of the 2013 legislative session, Hixon served on the following committees:
|Idaho Committee Assignments, 2013|
|• Health and Welfare|
|• Transportation and Defense|
Hixon's campaign website listed the following issues:
- Role of Government
- Excerpt: "I believe that the people are the executive directors of Government, and I recognize that all individuals have inalienable God-given rights which MAY NOT be diminished by any government entity. I will fight to keep the Idaho budget balanced and to also restore our rainy day funds whenever possible."
- The Federal and Idaho Constitution
- Excerpt: "These documents are sacred. It is because of these that we have lived in freedom for hundreds of years. I will uphold both the State and Federal constitution when considering legislation for the State of Idaho and District 10."
- Fiscal Responsibility
- Excerpt: "I disagree with the way our federal government spends our hard earned tax dollars and I do not support deficit spending."
- Excerpt: "I believe that Idahoans deserve a fair tax system, which should also be business-friendly in order to create local jobs. I think that a fair tax system should NEVER become a burden to our families, but rather just the right amount to run the necessary factions of government."
- Social Issues
- Excerpt: "I have always been a voice in the fight against abortion. I believe that marriage is between one man and one woman and I do not support gay marriage."
Elections for the office of Idaho House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election took place May 20, 2014. The general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 14, 2014. Travis Manning was unopposed in the Democratic primary, while incumbent Brandon Hixon was unopposed in the Republican primary. Manning will face Hixon in the general election.
Hixon won election in the 2012 election for Idaho House of Representatives District 10A. He defeated Jarom Wagoner in the Republican primary on May 15 and defeated Travis Manning (D) in the general election on November 6, 2012.
|Idaho House of Representatives, District 10A, General Election, 2012|
|Idaho House of Representatives District 10A Republican Primary, 2012|
Campaign donor information is not yet available for this year.
Idaho Freedom Index
The Idaho Freedom Foundation, an Idaho-based, nonprofit educational research institute, released its "Idaho Freedom Index" in 2013. The index intended to show how Idaho legislators voted on the principles the Foundation seeks to promote. It measured each state legislator based on two tiers, which include whether legislators voted for or against bills that would create or eliminate government agencies, programs, and regulations, and bills that would impact the free market in a positive or negative way. Scores ranged from the highest possible score for members of the state Senate (194 points) and for members of the state House (180 points). A higher score indicated that the legislator voted more in favor of the values supported by the Foundation. Hixon received a score of -14 points in the 2013 index, ranking 36th out of 70 members of the Idaho House of Representatives that were evaluated for the study.
This section displays the most recent stories in a google news search for the term "Brandon + Hixon + Idaho + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Idaho House of Representatives
- House Committees
- Idaho State Legislature
- Idaho state legislative districts
- Rep. Hixon's website
- Campaign Website
- Campaign Facebook page
- Campaign LinkedIn page
- Campaign blog
- Profile from Open States
- Project Vote Smart profile
- Brandon Hixon, "Issues," accessed October 12, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official candidate list," accessed March 18, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official primary election results," accessed June 12, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "Official general election candidate list," accessed July 7, 2014
- Idaho Secretary of State, "2012 primary candidates," accessed April 11, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State Election Division, "May 15, 2012 Primary Election Results," accessed July 4, 2012
- Idaho Secretary of State – Elections Division, "November 6, 2012 General Election Results," accessed December 27, 2012
- Idaho Freedom Foundation, "2013 Freedom Index," accessed August 19, 2013
Gayle Batt (R)
|Idaho House of Representatives District 10A
| Succeeded by|