|Michigan House of Representatives, District 61|
|Elections and appointments|
|Next general||November 4, 2014|
Iden's website highlights the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "The government doesn't create jobs, people create jobs. We need to create a business friendly environment that incentivizes people to start and retain businesses in our state, keeping jobs right here in our home state of Michigan."
- Excerpt: "Raising taxes is not the answer to getting Michigan back to work. Tax hikes penalize businesses and hard working families. We can generate necessary state funds by increasing the number of jobs, not the amount of taxes."
Family and Community
- Excerpt: "As a child of adoption, I am pro-life. I believe that strong communities are built on strong families. Families and family values must be protected. The freedom of parents to raise their children responsibly must be safeguarded."
Elections for the office of Michigan House of Representatives will take place in 2014. A primary election was held on August 5, 2014, and a general election will take place on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was April 22, 2014. John Fisher was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Brandt Iden defeated Phil Stinchcomb in the Republican primary. Fisher, Iden and Michael Stampfler (L) face off in the general election.
|Michigan House of Representatives, District 61 Republican Primary, 2014|
In 2014, Iden's endorsements include the following:
- Peter Strazdas, Mayor, City of Portage
- Mary Balkema, Kalamazoo County Treasurer
- Robert Cinabro, Kalamazoo City Commission
- Sheri & Richard Welsh, Business/Community Leaders
- Al Heilman, Kalamazoo City Commission, Retired, Kalamazoo GOP Chair, Retired
- Bill Eichelberg, Local Real Estate Builder and Developer
- Mary Swanson, Local Realtor and Republican Activist
- Jeffery Fink, Former County Prosecutor
- Dennis Berkebile, Kalamazoo Road Commission, Texax Township Resident
- Dennis Jokela D.D.
*Tim Snow, Kalamazoo County Clerk
- Bill & Barbara Parfet
- Mike & Sharon Seelye, Small Business Owners
- Judge Ann Hannon Heilman, Retired Kal. County Judge
- Brian & Jenn Kaufman
- David Rhoa, Oshtemo Business Owner
- Dave Sanford
- Dr. Tom George, MI State Senator - Retired
- Troy Hudson, Kalamazoo Executive Board
- Paul Wartner, Former State Rep., 61st, Portage Resident
- Right to Life of Michigan
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brandt + Iden + Michigan + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Michigan House of Representatives
- Michigan House of Representatives District 61
- Michigan House of Representatives elections, 2014
- Michigan State Legislature
- Official campaign website
- Legislative Profile from Project Vote Smart
- Biography from Project Vote Smart
- Profile from Vote-USA
- Brandt Iden on Facebook
- Brandt Iden on Twitter
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan Primary Candidate Listing," accessed May 27, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "2014 Official Michigan General Candidate Listing," accessed September 8, 2014
- voteiden.com, "Issues," accessed July 30, 2014
- Michigan Secretary of State, "Representative in State Legislature," accessed August 6, 2014
- voteiden.com, "Endorsements," accessed July 30, 2014
- Right to Life of Michigan, "Elections," accessed June 18, 2014
State of Michigan
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor General | Superintendent of Public Instruction | Commissioner of Insurance | Director of Agriculture and Rural Development | Director of Natural Resources | Director of Labor and Economic Growth | Chairman of Public Service Commission |
Michigan Supreme Court | Supreme Court Elections | Court of Appeals | First Circuit Court of Appeals | Second Circuit Court of Appeals | Third Circuit Court of Appeals | Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals | List of Michigan Circuit Courts | Judicial Nominating Commission | Judicial news | Judicial activist organizations |