|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 58|
|Elections and appointments|
|Last election||November 4, 2014|
|Place of birth||Jonesboro, AR|
Smith's website highlighted the following campaign themes:
- Excerpt: "As your State Representative-
- I choose Strength over uncertainty. I can’t get that with the Obama administration
- I choose Results based upon strategic thought leadership as opposed to Democrat rhetoric that promises everything, but in the end creates dependency
- I choose Optimism and forward movement over pessimism and regression leading to oppression
- I choose to oppose abortion, same sex marriage, and ObamaCare.
- I choose Opportunity
- I choose Freedom over fear
Let’s partner for a better Arkansas and a better future for our children and grandchildren."
Elections for the office of Arkansas House of Representatives took place in 2014. A primary election took place on May 20, 2014; a runoff election took place where necessary on June 10, 2014. The general election was held on November 4, 2014. The signature-filing deadline for candidates wishing to run in this election was March 3, 2014. Incumbent Harold Copenhaver was unopposed in the Democratic primary. Brandt Smith was unopposed in the Republican primary. Copenhaver was defeated by Smith in the general election.
|Arkansas House of Representatives, District 58 General Election, 2014|
|Democratic||Harold Copenhaver Incumbent||47.4%||3,960|
Smith and his wife, Gailia, have four children.
This section displays the most recent stories in a Google news search for the term "Brandt + Smith + Arkansas + House"
- All stories may not be relevant to this page due to the nature of the search engine.
- Arkansas State Senate elections, 2014
- Arkansas State Legislature
- Arkansas House of Representatives
- Arkansas House of Representatives District 58
State of Arkansas
Little Rock (capital)
|State executive officers||
Governor | Lieutenant Governor | Attorney General | Secretary of State | Treasurer | Auditor of State | Commissioner of Education | Commissioner of Insurance | Secretary of Agriculture | Executive Director of Natural Resources Commission | Commissioner of State Lands| Director of Labor | Public Service Commission|